Central heating design software..?

Can anyone point me to/recommend some wet central heating design software...? thanks

joe

Reply to
tarquinlinbin

ok,i've found one at

ta

joe

Reply to
tarquinlinbin

That one isn't too bad, Joe, but check the U values very carefully against other sources like the Approved Documents to the Building Regulations.

The Myson program is rather better and I can email you a copy if you drop me an email and can wait until tomorrow - I don't have a fast network connection at present.

These packages only do radiator sizing and generally assume older HW cylinder types with low recovery rates when sizing the boiler. This doesn't matter too much if you are using a modulating boiler.

If you are designing a system from scratch and using a condensing boiler, don't forget to set the flow and return temperatures to 70 and

50 degrees and also to make sure that the program does the correct derating for the lower mean water to air temperature. In effect this means larger radiators but more efficient running over more of the year.

One other factor is to check pipe sizing. IIRC, neither program does this. There is a useful paper on pipe sizing at the web site of the Copper Development Association. Once you have the radiator sizes and rough pipe lengths it will allow you to calculate pipe sizes and pump size/setting.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall