Subject Author Posted Replies

Woodcraft ply bunlde.
I think you got rinkey-doooed (polite way of saying "screwed"). I cannot speak to "Finland" Birch; but the top grade Baltic Birch that I have purchased is high quality, practically no visible edge...
5
5

First time using tung oil
Or concentrating too much on local gasoline prices...
33
33

Nice article on Swiss journeymen carpenters
http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/culture/Roving_carpenters_keep_tradition_alive.html?cid=31454212R

Woodworking 99 years ago...
woodworking starts around 2:50. Ce film muet présente un aspect de l'enseignement des métiers d'art à l'école Boulle.Séquences filmées et cartons explicatifs illustrent toutes les...
21
21

Inspiration: lap steel guitars made from cypress roots
The wood and guitars: guy playing one and telling the story; something unrelated but fun: 13 "There's Smoking in Heaven" (where else can you get >8 mins of fun for $0.99?) -Zz "Zz Yzx" rhymes with...
1
1

OT: dentures
Way OT, but since I'm sure I'm not the only seasoned citizen on this group, I thought I might find some expertise here. I'm having a problem with plaque forming on my dentures. Seems to have gotten...
17
17

Glass
I am in the middle of a large project again, yes more towers. ;!) I am building a pantry for our new home, It stands 8' tall and will be about 8' wide when completed. Thgis is going to be a country...
32
32

Re: Carving The Pumpkin with CNC Table
> Would higher RPM be better or worse for the splatter of pumpkin guts? CO2 laser.
4
4

Sharpening stones
I want to get a sharpening stone to bring the edge back on my carbide tipped turning tools. But I would like to be able to use it for other sharpening tasks as well, like chisels and planes and...
14
14

O/T: Johns Hopkins Update
Actually, it isn't so much the food you eat pH but rather the pH response your body produces to digest it. Your saliva becomes very acidic when you eat sugar products and that breaks down your tooth...
43
43

Powermatic DT45 (Dovetailer) Setup
I realiaze this is kind of a production style machine but I was wondering if anyone here has experience with this machine. The manual provides good directions of how to adjust several aspects of the...
7
7

Hinge Revisited
Thanks to Bigpole for something that worked. Here's what I did: Cut a small brass screw of the same size diameter as the hinge hole, so that it extended about 1/8 inch proud of the hinge when pushed...

O/T: Snow
About all you can say about the east coast snow fall is that "It won't stick". A month from now, maybe. BTW, it was 83F outside my window today here in SoCal. I'll take it. Lew
20
20

DryerStop?
http://news.yahoo.com/man-dies-being-pulled-industrial-dryer-175019370.html