Subject Author Posted Replies

Table Saw tune up
I'm trying to tune up my table saw because the blade lift has been very stiff. I've got it broken down but can't seem to get the pivoting shaft out(where the problem lies) Posted some pics in ABPW Any...
9
9

36" bandsaw
Wow... I'd be curious to know what the lister was looking at on e-Bay... Strikes me as being just a tad high in price. http://oneonta.craigslist.org/tls/2848219242.html
5
5

graining patches
Graning/Shading patches - The traditional method is pigment and dyes to simulated the grain and shading. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the pencils or markers (suck as mohawk's...

I must be getting better at WW...
A few days ago my wife asked me if I had a drill press and if I could drill some holes for some 1" dowels for a friend. I said I did and I said I could. Then today, she brings home a dimensioned...
2
2

OT: drains
This is slightly off topic but the people on Woodworking who post here are very knowledgeable, so I thought i would asked my question here We live in a house that is 3 years old. The one sink in the...
31
31

Lacquering metals
I have only tried to lacquer some metal once. I first buffed the metal to polish it then wiped it down with denatured alcohol to get any waxes/residue off. After the lacquer (said it worked for metal)...
27
27

MBAND1414200
Has anyone had a look at the Lauguna MBAND1414200 bandsaw? I was wondering how it stacked up against other, but similar capability Laguna bandsaws?
1
1

What is the size at which free-floating panels are needed?
I'm not liking the floating panels for the sides / top & bottom of my most recent project, an archery case which is 34.5" x 10.5" x 3.5" (closed), made of red oak craft boards and 1/8" plywood ---...
3
3

Some people thought the ras was dangerous
to hurt yourself only limited by your imagination. basilisk
7
7

Lathe questions
Anyone have any experience with this Rikon lathe: this one: 'm interested in trying my hand at turning ... but don't want to invest a whole lot. A recent thread suggested an HF look-alike as a...
9
9

New SawStop video
Now this is funny, I don't care who you are....
36
36

Blade Guard for old Craftsman TS
Here's a picture of a similar saw (scroll down) Mine has shorter fence rails and a flimsier looking fence, but the rest looks the same. I have not found the blade guard for it. Moreover, it is not...
1
1

Inline speed control for a grinder
This writer talks about an "inline speed control" for a grinder. anyone know what he is talking about? What should I buy to set this up for my Craftsman grinder? I need lower speeds for my lathe...
23
23

Routing end grain?
So, I've been making circular picture frames for and I'm trying to perfect the technique. I'm using various types of wood, primarily oak, walnut, and alder. These are about 1" thick, 8" ID and 10" OD....
16
16

Good planer sled designs?
I have about 180bf of Shagbark Hickory (ten 8/4 boards, 9 feet long by 12" wide) that I need to get surfaced, but I seem to have misplaced my 12" jointer, and this little 6" jobbie just ain't gonna be...
23
23