Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: My kids drums
My 10-year old is learning to play the drums and picking it up quickly (IMHO). His instructor likes to include play-alongs with the teaching.
6
6

Edge Joining Plywood
Rather than having to buy a whole sheet of plywood just to extend a small piece an inch or so, I decided to edge join fill and sand, before painting, since it the piece will be in a non-load bearing...
57
57

recived this today from pop woodworking
This link was in their email. have a hard time with this guy. I don't think he is very safe. He uses a 10 to 12 inch wide board and says its hard to reach over it... so my method is better. I would...
26
26

George H. Bishop saws
26" 9 pt crosscut, Cincinatti, which puts its date of manufacture prior to 1899. Not bad for a freebie gift. What was the quality compared to Henry Disston? Appropriate to retooth it 5 pt rip?

Priming over Screw Heads
I'm about to prime some plywood that is screwed and glued into place. I used a hand-held counter-sink and then wood filler before sanding, and ev= erything is smooth to the touch. The thing is though...
6
6

O/T: More Deer Tales
Girly-girl steps out of her zone Comes back with a story to tell, and a 190-class buck By ART HOLDEN Daily Record Outdoor Editor Published: November 19, 2012 4:00AM CRESTON -- With two young boys and...
1
1

RE: THe Miracle Cleaner
Easier than Rosonal Lighter Fluid? PB would seem to create a mess of it's own. I was so happy when someone introduced me to the lighter fluid approach. As a kid, my dad handed me a razor blade and...
14
14

another hunting tale:
Son came down from Churchill said he got a caribou and 2yr. moose should be good for the up North is worth its weight in gold .Booze and cigs. same price as down is $2.20 liter. The ice isn't frozen...

Cam Style Clamp Rack
Make an easy to build cam style clamp rack and be the coolest woodworker on your street. Woodworking tips, projects and forum. A great collection of woodworking video podcasts. Woodworking tips,...
2
2

OT - Deer hunting success, Part II
SWMBO shot a good-size doe this morning. Field-dressed weight 111 pounds. Guess we won't have to buy any beef at the grocery this year.
7
7

Opinions On This Rockler HVLP Gun?
Does anyone have any experience with this particular sprayer? Your best source for high quality & innovative woodworking tools, finishing supplies, hardware, lumber & know-how. Find everything you...
15
15

Help! Veneer failed to stick
1 atmosphere = 14.6959488 pounds per square inch Sonny
27
27

OT -- deer hunting success
Way to go, Doug.
35
35

OT: No more Twinkies???
A couple more twinkie facts. Originally they were a sponge cake filled with banana crème. They were cooked in shortbread pans. It was an effort to use the pans year round. Apparently the pans were...
34
34

Craftsman tablesaw (old)
I have old Craftsman 1 hp tablesaw that is just dogging out on me when I'm ripping 3/4" plywood. What can I do to get this old dog performing better? Does the blade have that much of a factor or could...
37
37