Cam Style Clamp Rack

Make an easy to build cam style clamp rack and be the coolest woodworker on your street.

brian

snipped-for-privacy@garagewoodworks.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Reply to
Han

a one-hand operation, which would allow the rack to be up above reachable height.

Of course, a more standard rack accomplishes that by tailoring each slot to the type of clamp. Even my very rudimentary "system" allows me to put the clamps in one-handed.

confess that the utility of this particular project eludes me. Now having a woodworking tip go over *my* head may not be all that difficult to accomplish, but from what I have seen of your videos, it's unusual. Why is an advantage to mount the clamps "upside down"? The effective weight on the rack is the same either way, and I'm just as happy to have the larger end up above head height in my small space.

Perhaps this would be a good system for someone with a really large collection. There could be a separate "on-deck-circle" of clamps near the glue-up area; clamps that were selected for the particular job at hand. That way, the rack could fit different sizes and styles.

Or it could be a sort of "guest-room" for clamps that come a-visitin'. :)

In all seriousness, I find your videos very interesting. I even picked up some technique tips from this one. I'm just not sure I "get" the project this time.

Reply to
Greg Guarino