Subject Author Posted Replies

Finishing before cutting dadoes?
Still planning for some shelf units. I built a simple jig for routing out the dadoes. I cheated a bit, leaving out the adjustability for now, but I'm quite pleased with the results. The test dadoes...
7
7

Going greener - update
It's a 20 year lease, so I didn't pay anything for the system. I did pay $1800 to eliminate a 3% annual increase on the lease, but that was optional. I could have paid $9000 to eliminate lease...
28
28

Wood Expansion/Contraction Calculator
I created a webpage that lets you enter your lumber species, starting and final moisture content and width and it will calculate your lumber expansion or contraction. Let me know what you think....
7
7

Merry Christmas Y'all
basilisk
13
13

routing shelf grooves question
On Tue, 25 Dec 2012 08:00:36 -0700, Mike Marlow wrote (in article ): If you start at the sam end of each upright (say, from the bottom), any errors should accumulate in the same direction and result...
20
20

A very special christmas time
Music video for "The Season's Upon Us" from the upcoming album "SIGNED and SEALED in BLOOD" (out Jan 8). Download song immediately & preorder album on iTunes: http://smarturl.it/DropkickSASIB Directed...
2
2

Multi-purpose hand tools worth getting?
"William F. Adams ( " wrote in news: Those 6-in-1 handheld screwdrivers are very useful and efficient in space and functionality. During pool setup/winterizing, I carry one in my pocket as it will...
12
12

Rocks in a box
Pics in the binary roup

28 beaches in a box
see the stuff in the binaries group
1
1

Making Shawl Pins
I decided to try making one and to my own surprise, it's not bad. I practiced on a piece of pine, used the BS for the outline cut, drilled a hole for the center, used the scroll saw for the inner...
11
11

Here is a good web site to view pictures of cabinetry
Custom cabinetry by Plain & Fancy. Handmade cabinets for any room of the house. The difference is in the details.
1
1

OT: Krauthammer
No, I suspect the "rub" occurs with the theory that there's a pill for everything. We don't want to lock people up (or institutionalize them) if we can just slip them a feel good (who feels good? Them...
22
22

OT: Cut case hardened steel shaft
How difficult would is it to cut case hardened steel shaft? Shaft manufacturer states that the hardness depth is only 0.024". Could this be done with a hacksaw? Thanks.
5
5

Portable work table, w/ table saw
Some nice guitar pickin, as well. Gummer on rcm, who apparently don't know about rw -- which may or may not be a blessing... lol
1
1

Skim Coating
Particle board can finish up nicely. I would use zinnser sanding sealer 50/50 for the first coat, then straight after for 2 or 3 more coats to build up. Then sand, and you are ready to prime and...
26
26