20% Off Tools at Lowes

O.K Folks,

Now that I have loaded up on tools, I can safely tell those who are unaware that Lowes, not to be outdone by Home Despot, has a 20% off tools sale Saturday and Sunday. For those who don't want to own fRidged and Ryobi tools, this is a not-to-be missed opportunity.

Met the manager at the door this morning at 6:00am. Picked up a PC 577 Rev3 plate jointer for 155 - $30 rebate = $125. And (don't laugh) a Chinese 28-206 Delta Bandsaw for $309. (If it's TOO bad, and beyond tuning & modification, I'll ship it back) (My only other realistic choice at this time was a Grizzly 555)

Merry Christmas to ME!

Reply to
Greg G.

Thanks for that note Greg, I'll take a ride over to the Auburn store today (the only one near Syracuse)

Bob S.

Reply to
Bob S.

Well it may not be Lowes being Outdone by HD but the other way around A few years back when HD was engaged in total warfare of the competition they were notorious for letting the competition run a lot of ads on Radio TV and Printed Matter and HD would just advertise that they would match or beat anything they had

Those other chains are no longer existant OH well I guess its tru that all is fair in Love and War

I am mystified on the continued existance of ACE Hardware How do they do it,

Reply to
George M. Kazaka

Reply to
Grandpa

They exist in more places, have better help, and offer stuff that you can't get at the big box. OK, that depends on the particular ace. But there are TWO that are closer than either big box here.... one has a limited selection, but a great set of fasteners, and is very very local. The other has a ton of electrical and plumbing, plus even some hardwoods.

--randy

Reply to
Randy Chapman

I don't know. ACE is my 2nd stop in case HD doesn't have something. The prices at my local ACE are ridiculous on some items.

Reply to
Larry Bud

I picked up a PC 577 last night from HD, but missed a rebate form. Was it a PC rebate or a Lowes rebate?

Thanks, Keith

Reply to
<kfram

thus spake:

It is a PC rebate - form available on their web site under promotions. Good until Dec. 31 - must be postmarked by Jan 6 or thereabouts.

Reply to
Greg G.

Boo hoo hoo. All the Lowes in my area are out of the Bosch worm drive saws. And they won't give rainchecks.

Reply to
AL

AL thus spake:

I believe you can go online and order what you want - the only caveat is that you have to enter the zip of a store that has it in stock and drive there. Being in Atlanta, there is no shortage of either Orange or Blue BORGs - I have around 20 of each to choose from... Plus my personal favorite, Highland Hardware and a new Rockler.

Whether they pull the unit and reserve it from shoppers is unknown, but they had my stuff sitting on the dock at 6:30AM Saturday - I ordered it online at 5:30AM. That will teach me to surf the net at

5:00am...

Also, from what I understand, ToolCrib/Amazon is price matching.

A curious note, Lowes parking lot was empty, Home Despot's was busy.

Now I have to come up with something else for SWMBO, so that she doesn't feel neglected...

Greg

Reply to
Greg G.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Sorry, wrong PC form. Try THIS ONE:

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

I *think* that they are - but this message definitely isn't dispositive on the issue:

Thanks for writing to us at Amazon.com.

Amazon.com and Tool Crib are committed to providing you the best possible prices on tools and equipment. If you find a better delivery price anywhere for an item we sell, please contact our affiliate, Tool Crib--they will not only match the competitor's price in most cases, but they will also beat it by 10% of the difference.

Please contact Tool Crib at (800) 358-3096 before placing your order, to see if the item you're interested in qualifies for price matching. Their customer service representatives are available Monday through Friday from 6:00a.m. to 8:00p.m. Central Time, and on Saturday from

7:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. Central Time.

We'll see.....

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

HD carries this saw too, at exactly the same price ($189 before the

20%, which both places are offering) so you might check there as well. Both places carry the skil mag 77 as well, which is nearly identical to the Bosch.

Tim Carver snipped-for-privacy@twocarvers.com

Reply to
Tim Carver