Subject Author Posted Replies

MLCS 1/4" T&G Set - OK for 1/4" MDF panels?
I plan to make some shaker style kitchen cabinet doors from 3/4" Poplar wit h 1/4" MDF panels and I was looking at this MLCS T&G router bit set: Item #7737, 3rd one down on this page: The rep at MLCS...
21
21

interesting metal (etching) concept
Tools, firearms, etc notwithstanding, wonder what a boat hull application would do?
7
7

Reinforcing workbench
Some years ago I used antique oak flooring, flattened and surfaced, to make a workbench top. The actual flooring strips ended up being only 3/4" in wi dth once the tongue and groove was removed. These...
2
2

Ever heard of Baileigh Industrial tools?
Looking for more information on tilting table or tilting head mortisers, I went to YouTube to see if there were any videos illustrating the use of the tilt feature (which I asked about in another...
3
3

one file handle done
I made one file handle and used 3/4 copper pipe for the ferrule. But now it looks too nice to throw in the toolbox but I did anyway I got it pretty close on the lathe but to get the final fit I used...
19
19

new to me countersink bits
I got a set of countersink bits that I'd never seen before. They have a hole drilled diagonally. They have no drill bit they're just for a countersink. They make a clean hole. I'd always just winged...
19
19

Fish
Come for a visit! http://ted.fishandart.com
3
3

Tilting mortisers -- I think I'm missing something
I've been looking at a few different models of tilting mortisers... and I just don't get it. The Powermatic 719T tilts the table to the left, so that you can cut a mortise like this (side view):...
22
22

Structurally sound?
I don't really intend to build this; not exactly anyway, and maybe not at all. But I do intend to build a bench at some point, and I like the idea of slats with space in-between them. For now I'd just...
7
7

OT: Turbo Tax Software
Tis the season. In case you are a (long time) Turbo Tax Deluxe customer like I was, beware that it has changed this year and no longer supports schedules C and D (and more). Caveat Emptor (may I...
69
69

Recommended Buy?
This high pressure laminate is available: I'm not knowledgeable of this product, but might these panels be similar to kitchen countertops? If so and though I don't have an immediate use for it, it may...
18
18

OK, So I Went to Harbor Freight...
And bought their 12" SCMS. It's still in the box, so what am I in for with the saw. Most of the comments over the last year, or so, have been pretty favorable concerning this saw. Joe
8
8

hardware for chisel and file handles
Know a good supplier for chisel or file collars? I've got some scraps of maple that I'd like to use to finally make handles for some files and chisels. I looked around and I must not be using the...
22
22

Having A Miter Saw Fence Milled Flat - Wish Me Luck!
I have beat up my Delta 36-220 miter saw over the years. I have cut everyth ing from vinyl stock to hardwoods to 3/4" steel rod to 1/2" steel plates. I am starting my first project in many years that...
21
21

Interesting videos
Several years back Bridge City Tools manufactured and sold a Kerf Maker, a dandy tool for cutting dado's and grooves perfect in width with undersized blades and router bits. I own one and it worked...
23
23