Subject Author Posted Replies

What type of wood to use around a wood stove?
I want to put up a shelf on a wall that is close to a wood air tight heater. The temperture difference is from 20 to 30 degrees, with a max of about 80 degrees. I was going to use solid oak, but I am...
8
8

Connecticut--Parkerville Wood Products
For those in Connecticut and the Pioneer Valley who miss Harris Enterprise, Parkerville is finally open. Went by there today--didn't have the same huge stock that Harris did but they're getting there....
7
7

Workbenches and drum sanders.
I'm sort of thinking out loud. After selling a couple cars this weekend, it looks like I'll have maybe $1000 to spend on something. I have a fairly complete shop with only a couple glaring omissions...
9
9

Baltimore/January show any good?
I am in the market for a combination machine and the two I am interested in supposedly will be exhibiting in Baltimore. It is not too difficult or expensive for me to get there, so if it is a decent...
3
3

OT Humor: Computer Dependency
This just proves that we have become too dependent on our computers. Are you male or female? To find out the answer, look down... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Not here, dummy!!
1
1

14mm Drill for 14mm Barrel Hinge.
I am having the hardest time finding a 14mm brad point drill here in the SF. bay area. Does anybody have any suggestions. I tried woodcraft, Sothern Lumber, and all the usual places Sears, Home Depot...
5
5

Need someone to CNC/auto shape fishing lures
I am looking for someone to cut out several hundred wood fishing lures for me. The lures range in size from 6-10 inches in length and are about 1 inch thick. They do not have any heavy detail work...
1
1

*** Mini-FAQ for rec.woodworking # 153 - For want of somebody else posting this
* Welcome to rec.woodworking, known locally as the wreck * This is an informal group with users of all levels of knowledge, from those who have yet to pick up a tool, professional woodworkers, authors...
2
2

Penn or Grizzly DC?
Anyone have thoughts on the Penn State DC2000B Vs the Grizzly G1029Z? Very similar in specs but since I don't know how they take the CMF or Static measurements, I may not be comparing apples to...
4
4

Tool tote and or chest drawer hardware
Still working on ideas for the tool tote/chest that I am going to make. It will have drawers in the bottom section and a bin and maybe a tray up top. The box will sit on the counter most of the time...
4
4

Table saw questions
Hi I am an amatuer woofworker and I currently have a 10" Sears table saw with a problem. The pully on the arbor frequently slides off the arbor and it is a real nuisance to replace. Last night it was...
18
18

Top tips
Check it out: http://www.ChezBrandon.com

Alternatives to Fein Sandpaper
Fein's 6" ROS has a 8 hole pattern. I know that there are other suppliers with a 6" 8 hole disc but I am having trouble finding out if the pattern (size of holes & distance from the centre) is the...
6
6

Trend Air Shield
I just thought that I would try to jot down some perceptions of the Trend Air Shield which I purchased a couple of weeks ago. The unit works okay, not super but just okay. I believe that after...
15
15

sanity check, please
Okay I missed that part. But still, not all bits are designed to plunge, even if you have a starter hole. -Leuf
19
19