The unit works okay, not super but just okay.
I believe that after purchasing this unit and using it, If I could roll back time I would do so, and would have not wasted money on it for the following reasons.
1. The Air Shield comes with one battery that lasts for 4 hours. You can plug another battery into the unit with the first battery and increase your run time to 8 hours. At first glance this arrangement might seem okay.
2. The battery charger is a wimpy little plug in charger similar to an entry level cell phone. This charger takes 14 hours to charge one battery to full capacity. It would take 28 hours to charge both batteries to full capacity so I could use them for 8 hours. I've now used up the better part of two days to get one short day of use out of this thing. So I thought that I would purchase another charger. The price range for this charger is 75 to 120 dollars for a charger that probably cost $1.50 to make. I am not about to spend that kind of money on a cheap charger.
3. The replacement filters are also very expensive with the main filter costing as much as $40.00 and the prefilters as much as $8.00 a piece. At this time, I'm not sure exactly how long each filter will last.
4. The seal around your face is awkward to use and is a bit like peeking out from behind a curtain. Pulling the cloth material under your chin and to the sides of your face.
5. The headgear is a little uncomfortable and tight, even after adjusting the headband out all the way it is just to tight. I think that they designed this headband for people with small heads. If your head is average size or larger, you will have problems getting it to fit right.
All in all, I see this unit not being designed for efficiency of use or cost, with the best interest of woodworkers in mind. It was designed to see just how much money they could milk from people buying their overpriced accessories.
If I can help but just one person to avoid the same $300.00 mistake I made. Then this mini review is well worth taking the time to write.
Now, can anyone tell me about the Triton powered respirator?