Subject Author Posted Replies

Kawasaki High Speed Rotary Tool
...just got one for christmas. It's a dremel copy. Didn't know Kawasaki made tools. Anyone use one of these? Are they any good? Also, while I'll use the tool for standard things (sharpening lawnmower...
2
2

Buying a Rockler Vise
I'm just picking up the WW hobby, so excuse my naivete. I bought a 7' vise from Rockler, marked down to $25 from the original $50. When I opened it, it was clean and appeared unused, but had obviously...
6
6

Trim coming apart
My parents had some trimwork done 14 years ago. I noticed that some of the fabricated columns are showing lines at the butt joints of the 1x6's. Is this to be expected after this length of time, or is...
1
1

Distaff woodworking
Does anyone know any women who are really into woodworking? I certainly can't think of any reason why they shouldn't be as interested as, say, some men are in cooking. I know a woman who is interested...
20
20

New Studio Phrases
The simple fact that anyone calls what Mr. O'Reilly does "news" says a lot about the claimant. He is not now nor has he ever been a journalist. Contrary to what he and his friend Sean Hannity claim,...
31
31

can anyone recommend a good 14" bandsaw?
I am looking to set up a little workshop (it really is small!!) and although I would have loved to have a 16 or 18" bandsaw in there, I just dont think there is the room... Hence I am looking for a...
12
12

Laminated Plywood Rails for Mobile Base
In lieu of hardwood for the Rockler universal mobile base would laminated plywood suffice?
2
2

rotary gun rack
I really need some help here. Does anyone know where I can buy a set of plans for a rotary gun rack? Saw an ad in Shotgun News, but it turned out to be discontinued. No luck on ebay, any firearm...
30
30

OT: Physics and Santa
Article describes the physics of Santa and his reindeer.
8
8

Cabinet door advice needed
I'm the guy who's building a stereo/tv cabinet. I've posted a couple of questions before and you guys have been very helpful. Here is the cabinet I'm trying to replicate: is done, except building the...
14
14

A Christmas story
Not long ago and far away, Santa was getting ready for his annual trip... but there were problems everywhere. Four of his elves were sick, and the trainee elves did not produce the toys as fast as the...

Source for FireStorm batteries in Canuckistan?
Fri, Dec 29, 2006, 1:07pm (Bill=A0Stock) doth sayeth: Thanks, I priced the replacement cells and they were about $3 US each + shipping + brokerage + aggravation. I had the battery apart and it did not...
32
32

Corded drills not keeping up with the times?
I have about a half a small closet full of cordless tools waiting to be transported to the dump if battery prices don't get reasonable. Looking at the tool section in I see the number of cordless...
18
18

Translucent black stain revisited
Christmas present actually--I was trying to figure out what kind of wood would suit her (other than ebony, which was out of stock everywhere I could get to in time to have it for Christmas) and saw...
8
8

A warning
A "heads up" for men who may be regular Home Depot customers. Over the last month I became a victim of a clever scam while out shopping. Simply going out to get supplies has turned out to be quite...
3
3