Subject Author Posted Replies

major finishing "oops"; any suggestions?
If it were mine I'd rub the spilled area with acetone and 0000 steel wool until it's no longer on the surface. (however it'll still be penetrated in the surface). Then I'd take the same wipe on poly...
3
3

Performax 22-44 open stand packaging - PING Leon
I wish you were here sanding that board. Actually I am going to have to get some finer grits. The one that comes on it is more for dimensioning. My planer leaves a smoother surface. Other than the...
19
19

High pressure vs low pressure
Hi Guys, I am looking at adding a dust collection system to my workshop when I move house in Jan.I want to build a cyclone dust collection system based on Bill Pentz design, I'll make the blower etc...
6
6

tablesaw switch questions
> If you'd be so kind as to lend a wee bit further assitance... > > Got an Allen-Bradley 600 Type 1General Purpose enclosed switch. > Here's what the box says: > > 1HP > 277VAC 1PH max > 3/4 HP >...
22
22

drill press chuck wobble
I had same problem - severe wobble. Returned one and got second one with less wobble. At the advice of a local Woodcraft store (didn't buy it there) I removed the chuck and found a dent in the chuck...
5
5

Tuning a rocker
A friend has just acquired a S/H rocker. Not a bad looking piece and will be nice when restored and re-upholstered. However it's quite uncomfortable! When sitting in it and "balanced" without moving,...

Ryobi Surface PLaner 13" Advice
and the only planer they have in my price range is the Ryobi
9
9

POS advice, plz (not a Craftsman thread!)
Tue, Dec 26, 2006, 11:38pm (EST-1) (Patriarch) doth adviseth: Walk into your bank branch, and ask them what they recommend. It will tell you whether you have the kind of banking relationship you need...
7
7

Rip sawing photographic misadventures
I'm trying to learn rip sawing with a hand saw. I took a few photos, and I'd appreciate any input. http://flickr.com/photos/bnz/sets/72157594441220214/Thanks!
15
15

Using my veneer trim or chamfer bits to make a veneer arris
I am gonna sound like I'm right off the boat here, but I've got a box of veneer that has seen very little light. I wouldn't mind actually making something with it, say with veneer pieces meeting at...

Sad news and Good news
Sorry to hear about your friend. Even though you know it's coming, you are never ready for it. About 5 years ago we bought my daughter a 10 week old Toy Fox/Yorkie mix from a co-worker for $50. Well,...
28
28

Mourning the loss of Rockler in Greensboro NC
'Read an email from the local Rockler- said that they'll be closeing their doors mid Jan- We do have Woodcroft but I'm a firm believer in competion- so it goes...
2
2

Maybe it escapes only me: strop on wood block cost
My strop is a piece of wood with rawhide leather glued on.
86
86

LRod, everything OK?
I saw some news footage of a well-known, storm-damaged, flight school near you, and my Mom called me about the weather. Hope everything is OK!
4
4

My Jig is worth more than my TS!
I got a D1600 Leigh Dovetail jig for X-mas and exchanged it for it for its bigger brother the D4R. I want the added versatility of doing wider and thicker boards. I'm in this hobby for the long haul...
11
11