Seeking suggestions on quietening a 2hp Jet cyclone DC

After reading the short article in Shopnotes (Vol 16, Issue 91) on making your shop quieter, I began to think I could quieten my 2 stage cyclone 2 hp Jet dust collection system. BTW, it's 220V.

When I turn it on, the _neighbors_ put on ear muffs!

Shopnotes had a design for a muffler for shop vacs, but did not address the big brother DC's.

One idea is to enclose the whole thing in a closet, even a closet on wheels. That seems excessive. Of course, the closet would need adequate ventilation.

Does most of the noise come from the motor or does itcome from rushing air through the impellor or does it come from rushing air through the filter?

Any of you have any ideas?

TIA.

Reply to
Never Enough Money