Subject Author Posted Replies

Decorating an old table
Hi all, I am trying to apply small photographs and other graphic material to the surface of an old occasional table. I have used PVA so far and the whole thing became a wrinkled mess. Any suggestions...
4
4

Help Desperately Needed
I bought a pair of wardrobes from Ikea. (Cheap, I know, but I'm not a woodworker, and I'm on a budget. Unfortunately, returning them is not an option). Anyway, they are made of white-finished particle...
6
6

Sanding Oak Plywood Question
I am building a set of shelves using oak plywood. My question is, what grit does the manufacturer use? Can I start with 150, or do I start at 100? I know I will finish at 220. __________________ Bill...
6
6

Anyone steam bending?
I'm on a path to make a small skirt for a round table about 19.5" diameter. Laminated maple strips in the past for a corner table and had both male & female parts to clamp the strips while the glue...
6
6

REVIEW: Minwax Wipe-On Poly Finish - www.onlinetoolreviews.com
Hi all, I have just posted a mini-review of the Minwax Wipe-On Polurethane finish. You may read it online at Circular Saw Buyer's Guide Buyer's Guide When most people think of power tools, it seems...

Pilgrimage To A Woodworking Tool Store Holy Place
Finally made the pilgrimage to Hida Tool & Hardware Co.. Like many places of myth and legend - The Alamo, with a Wool- worths store acrossed the street - Hida Tools was not at all like I expected....
3
3

miter saw blade replacement
My friend recently purchased a delta 36-075 miter saw and we cant figure out how to change the blade. Hoping for any help we can get.
2
2

"slide" tape layering?
Don't know the name,but a one sided adhesive tape with a slick side that is used to help things, like drawers,well, slide on a runner.. I have some drawers that are not quite aligned across the on...
7
7

Quality of hand cut dovetails...
I saw some end tables made by someone I think is a competent woodworker. He tried to copy antiques, to the point of using draw bottom raised panels that slide in from the back. His half blind...
10
10

Bamboo Laptop
I've seen a few desktops with custom wood cases but check out this bamboo laptop great. http://crave.cnet.co.uk/laptops/0 http://crave.cnet.co.uk/laptops/0,39029450,49288082-1,00.htmlooks
4
4

Nahm and DIY
As I was watching David Marks on DIY tonight they played the commercial that NYW will start next Saturday at 8:30pm. If anyone cares.... Allen
5
5

Re: Inexpensive set of chisels
Sat, Mar 10, 2007, 5:33pm (EST-3) dndjohnson (bdad) doth sayeth: Just ordered this set. I don't think I can go wrong for the price. Northern Industrial Tools Wood Chisel Set - 5 Piece $7.99 w/ free...
5
5

OT - Looking For A Specific Book
I've got a couple of feelers out for this book, but about given up. Instead I think I'll buy a couple of other books that I don't have. Ah, that reminds me. Had to make the trek to Raleigh today to...
25
25

Re: How to Remove a Big Heavy Machine from a Basement
A 10,000 hp wood pulp refiner being one of them. Paul
40
40

Where to get decent screws
It just happened again. I was screwing a post to a base on weathervane cupola I am building and the screw (8 X 1-1/2) snapped. I tried to take another screw out and the head stripped like it was made...
20
20