Subject Author Posted Replies

30% off all planes
been a long time and this may be the last sale. 30 % off all my planes. the price includes shipping. brass screwcaps are 25.00 extra and my regular woods are padouk ipe purpleheart and shedua. other...
5
5

rust removal on table saw
I was reading the archives and saw a lot of "use white vinegar". I bought the stuff from Woodcraft and used the rust remover on my jointer. It said it contains acid. Yeah, smelled like naval jelly....
21
21

This Group went to hell
This bus is 20 feet wide and only 6 feet long. It is designed so that we can all sit in the front. Made in Belgium.
34
34

Vice - Wooden Jaws
I am in the process of building a new workbench. In reading the vice instructions (Lee Valley 70G08.02, )it says to use Birch or Maple for the wooden jaws. Is there any problem with using Walnut? It...
11
11

OT - DST
Wonder why you think there's any reason to suppose the number will be any higher than it was two months ago, when it was dark with*out* DST?
19
19

A Trip Down Memory Lane (Somewhat O.T.)
Sure. Frogs got no sense of humor. Live bees sass the frogs. What happens next is not pretty. Once you stun the bees, you have several seconds before they shake it off. When you pick it up, hold the...
55
55

ridgid bansaw problem
At nine months old, is it still in warranty? Take it back and get a new one. C & E wrote:
3
3

Wood, Woodworking & Wonder
yeah but do you squeal like those girls?
4
4

Wood fence - is this a bad job or I am just too picky?
I hired someone to put up a wood fence, and I am not too happy about the outcome. In the contract I specified how far the posts need to be placed, how deep to bury, using concrete cement, how high the...
35
35

It's Lee Valley's fault. . . . (long)
I was in a fretful mood, so it was "Don't work on the current project, but piddle and clean-up time." Let me take you back a few months, right after Thanksgiving, the question came up again. It was...
16
16

How to build pole barn workshop on unlevel site
I'm planning on building a pole barn style woodworking shop. It will be somewhere between 24x36 to 30x40. The area where I want to place the shop has a 1.5' slope from where the front of the shop will...
15
15

T-9 Lubricant
Has anyone has any issues with the 'waxy film' left behind (as mentioned on the can) causing any problems finishing the piece later? Also, just how much do you leave behind? Spray on, lightly wipe to...
2
2

OT chain link fence posts
Since this is an off topic post I'll be brief : Question for chain link fencing are 21/2 inch posts at the corners instead of 2 inch worth the extra expense? As usual thanks in advance for any and all...
3
3

Looking for cardholder source
I need a bunch (about 200) of cardholders. I'm talking about the little metal frame that goes on the front of a drawer and lets you slip in a card describing the contents of the drawer. These used to...
12
12

Decorating an old table
Hi all, I am trying to apply small photographs and other graphic material to the surface of an old occasional table. I have used PVA so far and the whole thing became a wrinkled mess. Any suggestions...
4
4