Decorating an old table

Hi all,

I am trying to apply small photographs and other graphic material to the surface of an old occasional table. I have used PVA so far and the whole thing became a wrinkled mess. Any suggestions for the preparation and adhesives I would need?

Reply to
Tulpa

Try photo spray on dry mounting adhesive.

Reply to
stanley_clifton

| I am trying to apply small photographs and other graphic material to | the surface of an old occasional table. I have used PVA so far and | the whole thing became a wrinkled mess. | Any suggestions for the preparation and adhesives I would need?

DAGS: decoupage

Morris Dovey

Sun, Mar 11, 2007, 11:07am (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (Tulpa) doth claimeth: Hi all, I am trying to apply small photographs and other graphic material to the surface of an old occasional table. I have used PVA so far and the whole thing became a wrinkled mess. Any suggestions for the preparation and adhesives I would need?

Is it sanded down to bare wood? I've done similar with paper patterns on plywood. I use Titebond II thinned half & half, apply some with a paint brush, lay the paper down, brush it out smooth with more Titebond, wet it good. Let it dry about 24 hours, good to go. Dunno how it'd work with photos, I'm not the type to desecrate a table like that, so I'll probably never know.

JOAT It was too early in the morning for it to be early in the morning. That was the only thing that he currently knew for sure.

- Clodpool

Reply to
J T

Thanks everybody. Ah but JOAT, this is nearly firewood! No desecration here!

Reply to
Tulpa