Subject Author Posted Replies

Removing paraffin
I recently inherited a large amount of exotic woods that have been dipped in a waxy substance, I'm assuming paraffin wax. What is the best/easiest method to remove the paraffin? Thanks, Craig
10
10

Panel Frame Stile & Rail Mismatch Trouble
I'm having newbie trouble making the frame for a small (18" X 12") panel door. I'm using a matched two piece rail and stile router bit set from Jointech (KC-5030) together with 1" X 2" s for the frame...
6
6

Any interesting woodworking stores in SW Florida?
I am on Marco Island this week and wonder if there are any interesting WW stores in the area. I donno, maybe there are some local woods you don't see anywhere else; that sorta thing.

Match an older stain.
I need to replace a piece of molding around a door. The original stain was "fruitwood", and is about 20 years old. I cut a piece of molding to fit and stained it with minwax fruitwood, but the...
6
6

Pictures on ABPW?
I've never had much luck with a.b.p.w. Most of the servers I've tried won't let me get near it, but now I've found one, and I am missing posts. Most notable the OP, which means that if any binaries...
10
10

Buy: Metal Office Furniture
Firma : Ceha B=FCro Yetkili : Ahmet =D6zden =DClke : TURKEY Telefon : +903523220757 Faks : E-Mail : Faaliyet : Manufacturer- Exporter

built-in bookshelves
I am going to build some built-in bookshelves in my family room. I'd would like to have 14" deep cabinets at the base, from the top of the cabinets I want 12" or 13" deep shelves to the ceiling (8ft...
6
6

Craft fair booth design
Hello, planning to show some of my work (and hopefully sell ;-) ), I'd like to attend at some craft fairs in autumn. For this I'd need a portable booth/canopy (wood and rain ...), and think it should...
6
6

Very weird frame joinery... (w/pics)
Canvas for painting? What do I win?
11
11

Detailed How-To: Bonakemi Traffic
We just finished putting down two coats of the Traffic tonight - everything went really well and looks great! I'm glad we got to practice with the BonaSeal though as I learned techniques while using...
16
16

FS: Craftsman Jointer/Planer
Craftsman 6 1/8" Benchtop Jointer/Planer for sale, model 351.217880. 4" x 22" fence, 28 1/2" x 6 1/4" total workspace (infeed + outfeed table). It's too small for the projects I'm working on now and I...

new to wood working
Help I am new to wood working and the project I am making states to cut the wood at a 1/8 inch off-set. How do I make this cut with a table saw?
4
4

Making pine look old.
I need to construct a couple of step ladders for a stage play and when I am finished they need to look 50 - 100 years old. Without working very, very slowly - how can I get that grey aged look on...
11
11

What Jointer?
I'm thinking of getting an 8" jointer, I want one with QC knives. I don't see many out there with that option. The only one I saw with QC was the 6" Powermatic 54A. Anyone have any good or bad...
11
11

High Build Polyurethane
I plan to put some poly one some old oak HW floors that are otherwise in pretty good shape. I know that one can put a satin coat over an initial gloss coat, but is the same true with the Minwax (I...