Pictures on ABPW?

I've never had much luck with a.b.p.w. Most of the servers I've tried won't let me get near it, but now I've found one, and I am missing posts. Most notable the OP, which means that if any binaries are attached to the OP, I miss out.

Anyone have this problem? And if so, is there a solution?

Tanus

Reply to
Tanus

That can be a problem at times and oddly the original post will not show but the follow up comments by the OP will. It probably has something to do with file size when it does not show up from certain posters and or providers. Some large files show up, some do not. Ain't hi-tech wonderful.

Reply to
Leon

"Leon" wrote in news:Y7tSh.8101$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net:

Hi tech is wonnerful! The challenge is that hosting a graphics intensive Usenet site isn't cheap. Bandwidth and storage have to be paid for, over time, by someone. Typically, with a reasonable fee, you can get a decent feed and retention. Free sites, not so often. Folks with other interests often overwhelm the graphics capable sites.

I get good service with the folks Comcast outsources to, whose name I can't remember right now. Since I need the high priced cable modem speed for work, it's a nice perk that comes along at no extra charge.

And Leon's right. There's often a little chaos in the 'Net.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

Thanks guys. Now I realize it's not me - well, it is to an extent. I could solve this with a paid subscription, and I may have to go that route.

Tanus

Reply to
Tanus

Reply to
nospambob

Thank you. I"ll try that.

Tanus

Reply to
Tanus

Also consider Teranews.com. For a onetime fee of (think it's $3.95 or might be completely free now), you get lifetime access with a download ratio of 50 megs per day. Note that I've frequently been able to download much more than the 50 megs ratio.

Reply to
Upscale

I've been usign teranews for a few month now with their "free" service.

It's not as nice as my previous provider (retention is shorter and updates are less frequent) but it is perfectly adequate and the price is right.

Stephen M

On occasion. The biggest problem I have had is posting my own pictures. Sometimes they don't show up on my end; but I can view the comments as they show up as re: This isn't real common but maybe 10% of the time.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

I tried that site, and found the design that Morris posted. Thanks Morris. It's similar to my own and that's good news for me. I trust your judgment and it means I'm on the right track.

Tanus

Reply to
Tanus

Tanus wrote in news:461a954a snipped-for-privacy@x-privat.org:

*snip*

You could try looking for a web-based copy of abpw. Just DAGS for (you guessed it) alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

There's one site that came up that has pictures, not sure how old they are. Someone had some pointy sticks on there.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper