Subject Author Posted Replies

I used the Domino to build a step stool
About 12 days ago I started a project to try out my new Domino loose tennon joiner. I decided on a 3 step, step stool and used scraps that were no wider than 3". This gave me an opportunity to use the...
9
9

When do you need a bottom stretcher
When designing a console table how do you determine whether or not you need a stretcher at the bottom of the legs? Is there some kind of rule of thumb, guidelines? My legs will be 1 1/2" square and...
13
13

HVLP Poly and nicks
Hi, Unable to eliminate brush strokes (tried both foam and regular), I opted to buy an HVLP spayer and was excited to see just how fast and easy it was to apply a smooth finish of oil based poly....
1
1

For those who just showed up-FAQ
cooking articles, recipes and tips
5
5

Shop Expletives When Kids Are In The Shop
With summer here, the sound of power tools is once again attracting neighborhood kids. Some of the "old hands" with a project under their belt are wanting to do something new, the younger ones quite...
29
29

chisel & plane blade sharpening?
is there online somewhere a good tutorial on how to sharpen and maintain chisels and block plane knifes? Also instruction on how to restore chisles that have really banged up edges? Im needing to use...
9
9

2 Hp routers
I'm looking for opinions on routers in the 2 Hp class. I have a DeWalt DW 621 that's Ok but getting old (already?) Some recommendations? Max
9
9

Needed Craftsman Belt Sander 315.11721 Manual
Just picked this tool up at a garage sale. No manual included. A search on the net produced nothing but a few leads. Seems last year a e-copy was posted on by Tom H. Can anyone help me out? Email, or...
1
1

FIELD TARGET
Neat altrnatve to commercial, all metal,ones, and loads less expensive. Sawa picure a while back of a targett one of the English field target shooting clubs uses, Yosemite Sam, with the aim point his...
4
4

Veritas Workbench design alteration
I purchased the Veritas Basic Bench kit from Lee Valley, which includes the plans and hardware needed to build a bench that has two narrow slabs with a tool well in between. It also allows for side...
6
6

What is it? CLXXV
Set 175 has just been posted: http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/Rob
24
24

CRAFTSMAN ROUTER MODEL NO. 315.175040
Does anyone have a owners manual for a CRAFTSMAN ROUTER MODEL NO. 315.175040 I have tried the Sears homepage but they want $5 for the manual and $7 for shipping. There has got to be a better way. If...
6
6

Festool TS-55 or Festool TS-75 Plunge Cut Saw
I'm about to throw a bunch of money into the Festool Plunge Cut Saw, simply because I cut alot of plywood and I cut off doors onsite. A panel saw setup just isn't portable and it's too spendy. I've...
5
5

Plans for a wooden forklift or pallet lifter/mover? (JT?)
I'm looking for a plan or photos of a device that'll let me lift a 250-300# pallet from the floor, can be pushed outside, and will let me set the pallet in a semi trailer. The object is to avoid...
48
48

Cost of Litigation
I have no documentation to confirm this, however it seems believable. According to some knowledgeable people the cost of a ladder includes 30% in anticipated legal expenses. Thus a ladder selling for...
40
40