1 11/16"

"redbelly" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com:

Let me try to explain the arguement a little better: The dekameter is a unit that's too small of a difference to mess with. Sure, there's all kinds of things that's close to a dekameter, but you'd spend too much time wondering "dekameter" or "centimeter" when eyeball-measuring something.

The question becomes "Is it 10, 100, or 1000?" I screwed up a Physics Lab calculation last week and was off by a factor of 10. Luckily, it didn't screw everything up...

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

That sounds plausible. But I don't think people who use the metric system bother with dekameters very much anyway.

Mark

Reply to
redbelly

Sun, Sep 10, 2006, 8:43pm (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@hadenough.com (Mark=A0&=A0Juanita) doth lament: BTW, I discovered that my my Freud tablesaw blade is capable of milling soft steel this weekend. Hint: When making shallow cuts using a tennoning jig, make sure that your tennoning jig has a sacrificial spacer if your tennoning cut will be less than 1/8" (3.1 mm). I now have a nice 1 1/2" radius arc on the face plate of mine. It took a moment for me to realize a) the cut was getting awfully hard and b) I was getting sparks

I've never damaged any of my jigs. Unintentionally that is. But, I'm a believer in trying to be prepared, just in case, so none of my jigs have any metal in them. 100% glue fastening.

JOAT I am not paranoid. I do not "think" people are after me. I "know" damn well they're after me.

Reply to
J T