Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Another Green stealth tax?
I've just listened to a Government minister on the radio suggest that _everyone_ wins from fitting solar panels to 800,000 social housing properties. The tenants get the solar panels fitted for free....
6
6

Copper cable K type thermocouple connectors Disaster?
Hi Some nameless cretin decided it would be a good idea to streamline the selection of signal cable connectors on a current little device I'm playing with. We have K type two pin connectors for...
13
13

Removing moss.
try biological washing powder, make a solution,apply and wait. works fine for me, cheap and readily available.
13
13

How long will it last?
Last time I used the mower the drive was a bit intermittent, some times staying on others not driving. Investigated today, outer sheath of clutch cable broken at the lower ferrule and cable badly...
1
1

Drill bit to big for chuck, such thing as converter
3/8, which is a bit less. Bill
9
9

Blocking vents in walls
The continuing saga of the ex PO/shop attached to our house. Keep in mind that, for 40 years, it was 'improved' by 'engineers' employed by Royal Mail and/or Post Office, who added sockets, installed...
10
10

OT Grenfell tower fire
And that's your first bit of fake news. The 'tenants' requirement was not for them to be tenants of the block - but simply legal tenants of the council.
33
33

R. Cott. 25
Further to the floor joist/heat board questions... The grooved chipboard supplied is likely to lead to a lot of waste. Basically because joints must be supported. Noggins as discussed is one solution...
9
9

Washing machine turns off after turning on
My AEG lavamat protex 75485FL turned off couple of second after I turn it on. It seems that If I plug it for more time before switching on, the machine remain on for more second. It seems something...
5
5

Insulation around wiring
I've noticed that in my once uninsulated old build. Remove a socket or switch on a windy day and quite a gale blows through.
13
13

OT: How do they do that?
I bought a leasehold flat on 4th August but not living in it and it is empty awaiting a tenant. Today (31st Aug) EDF send me an energy bill to my home address. How do they know my address? The...
10
10

Bungs for sewer back-flow?
Since the recent Coverack inundation and finding an archive newspaper ref to a similar event ,locally , 60 years ago. Where we are the problem is roof-run off rain getting into the sewer system , from...
10
10

Cleaning radiator pipe tails
The tails on my radiators are messy mainly from previous owners not so much painting them but with being part painted when they have tried to paint the skirtings. Some are not particularly straight so...
11
11

Fixed/barbed spade connectors
Evening all, Was fixing up the electrics of a 1972 Beetle t'other day and came across a couple of spade connectors used as connections to the dip/high beam relay that have seen better days. They're...
11
11

curtain rail
I'm looking for one curtain rail to fit a bay window, total length 3200mm / 10'6". The curtains are quite heavy; the drop is nearly 3 metres. I've always used Swish Deluxe in the past, but that seems...
5
5