OT Repairers of locks and bolts

I have aluminium double glazed patio doors about 15 years old. The bolts and locks are giving trouble, What type of company can I get to repair them? I have tried with no success as I cannot access them.

Reply to
Broadback

Locate the original manufacturer and ask them.

Post some photos here.

You lose more heat through the frame then you save on having DG units so you might have to bite the bullet and have the whole thing replaced. Start saving.

Reply to
Andrew

Thank you for your reply Andrew. I have contacted the installers, they are unable or unwilling to help. What type of company may be able to solve my problem?

Reply to
Broadback

I know - from bitter experience - the heat loss through simple aluminium frames but if fitted around 2003 they might have had a thermal break.

Reply to
Robin

Have you checked your insurance? I know someone who was pleasantly surprised to find a problem with her sliding patio door was covered by her buildings & contents insurance. It wouldn't have been under pour policies though so please manage your expectations.

Reply to
Robin

In most areas you will find single-person or family businesses in the window and door replacement and repair business.

In West Sussex there is a firm in Rustington that does this. You just need to peruse your local papers or the free glossy magazines that many parts of the country get. It will be full of adverts, and because older people tend to read them, there will be plenty of adverts for conservatories etc.

try a local conservatory supplier and they should have contacts with locksmiths etc who could do this.

Reply to
Andrew

I get rivers of condensation on my aluminium patio doors during cold weather, but they face south and in West Sussex really cold winters are less common.

Reply to
Andrew

My patio door is more than 25 years old. Even without a maker's name, I managed to find the right lock parts on Ebay very quickly. It's always worth a look.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker