Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: alexa
They have NOT been listening through my Alexa. Ain't got one, never had one, and won't be getting one. They, being anyone in a position to try, might manage to use the microphone in my PC or phone,...
8
8

Aldi tool bag annoyance - sort of OT
I've been looking for a replacement for my tool roll for a while; it is where I carry my everyday tools such as screwdrivers, pliers etc. Walked round Aldi today and they are selling tool bags and...
5
5

Re: At last Britain is getting a choice.
I vote for Santa. Brian

CD to MP3
When I got my present car a year or so ago, discovered the ICE package has an USB input. Ripping CDs to MP3 on a USB stick works a treat. Did some 30 of my favourite CDs (pretty old) - and all the...
26
26

Detailed performance specifications for routers? X-post
Some time back I was pointed to detailed specifications of various routers; I think it was related to DD-WRT. This included things like CPU power. Ah! <>Can someone please remind me how to extrapolate...
7
7

VAT and tradesmen
I fully understand the competitive advantage of a tradesman who is not VAT registered has over one who is registered, and therefore the urge some tradesmen might have to keep their (official) turnover...
33
33

Domestic house wiring & appliance check
Following on from the university PAT check thread, something that has crossed my mind recently is whether it's worth getting (domestic) house electrical wiring and appliances check. Moved into house...
11
11

Anglian Defender 3000 alarm system, does not work after power cut.
We had a power cut last night for just over 1 hour. When we went to set the alarm it does not work. The power light is lit on the panel and there is a red and green light on the power supply unit....
7
7

Re: [RSGB] Deadline for exam applications for the current syllabus
Apparently, the 'exams are easier these days' policy us due to vibrant, diverse multiculturalism and the perceived need to boost figures for minorities - at least that's what I think the chap said on...
35
35

Cash from bank counter
I can use any of my bank cards in an ATM, irrespective of the bank which owns it, but can I go to the counter and use any other banks card to also withdraw some cash?
33
33

OT: Spiffing choice what!
You just couldn't make it up. I wonder if Boris, Corbyn and Farage have their painted eggs recorded? wonders if Scotland and NI actuallyn want to leave the union out of fears about Brexit, or just...
7
7

Garage Floor Paint
... which brands work? The floor is fairly clean (it had my car on it last winter, but it's only a year old), and is pretty dry - beam and block. I want to seal it to keep the dust down when I'm...
4
4

Timber frame refurb
Hi all first post ?? Be nice! Bought our house 4 years ago, it?s liveable but there?s lots I want to do, but with 2 kids 2 & 4 it?s hard to find the time. Ripped out the bathroom around 2 years ago,...
7
7

Plumbing, toilet flush pipe.
I eventually got the toilet pan /vanity unit connected, all went well and no leaks on the pipework. Last stage connecting the toilet pan, waste pipe no bother but had issues with the flush pipe at the...
6
6

Ring doorbell camera - counterproductive?
You ring the doorbell, nobody answers, a voice comes through the doorbell..... So you guess they aren't in and burgle them?
6
6