Subject Author Posted Replies

hotpoint 6115 oven door hinges
Anyone got any idea how to remove oven door and then get the hinges out. This is a quite old oven >20 yrs and nothing that matches appears on the internet. eg. even the 6116 is different.
11
11

Killfiles
I use Gravity in which the killfile is known as the Bozo bin. Out of interest, just now I counted 322 posts available before downloading them. When I did download them, the figure dropped to 191! Does...
19
19

JUST BLOCK IT ALL! LOL!!
Fluck you

Power sockets with 3 cables
Interested to know how others do this, particularly the professionals. When spurring off a socket on the ring, there's always 3 cables to fit into the holes. In the past I've tried twisting the 3...
54
54

Blank posts today?
I'm seeing an awful lot of blank post today, just a subject line Re. whatever and no body. Are they blank or is it an hiccup in the server?
40
40

Doing away with ceiling lights?
I can't be arsed with the wiring up of them, so just wondered has anyone done away with ceiling lights altogether in favour of just wall lights?
15
15

OT: uneven cooking in microwaves
When will we invent a microwave oven that cooks evenly? There must be some way to install reflectors around the cooking area to randomise the waves.
150
150

Re: Seagate abandon remote access to their 'Central' NAS (2023 Update)
What you need to do is to set up 'port redirection' or 'passthrough' on your router so that ftp access requests to your external address is redirected to the internal address of the seagate. I would...
11
11

Smart Meter Snoopers
As predicted :   The smart meter snoopers already in homes tracking our energy habits 20 firms to share £20m to develop products to work alongside smart meters One firm has boasted of being able to...
36
36

Running power to a kitchen island
I am in the middle of designing a new kitchen and am toying with the idea of running power to an island for a socket (and, possible, in-cupboard lighting). The floor is, I believe, suspended beam and...
7
7

OT: Something for Christmas at Harrods
yes price zero, not too sure how bad the performance was, but I doubt the speakers cost more £10 in the 1970s, no woofer or tweety just one speaker per plastic box. Then again I tried to get the...
54
54

OT my favourite TV advert.
Fisherman's friend, I find them very amusing, certainly more so than BBC's "comedy" programmes.

Last nights final program about 'Made in Britian'.
Ed Balls and colleagues were looking at the car industry. He was at Southampton docks when the massive car carrier was arriving from Zeebrugge. Off came loads of BMW's and a LOT of minis. Apparently...
9
9

Re: One car key.....
As long as you're not that bothered about it being stolen, or receiving any payout from your insurance, then go for it.
15
15

Drill Nuts
The other day, I was on a mission to hang a mirror. So I grabbed my small drill bag from the workshop. For whatever reason I got side tracked, and the bag sat in the hall for a week. Finally I got the...
3
3