The cutting of toe nails

Last night I discovered something that helps a bit in the cutting of my toe nails. (My problem is that I can't really reach my feet; never have been able to.) With my left hand I used a strip of metal with a hook on the end to capture the toe to be dealt with and pull it towards me. This was extremely painful but it separated that toe from the others and this cleared the area for the scissors. I can't reach properly with the scissors though, so I can only do a crude job. I'm wondering about either making or buying some long range scissors. So far google has drawn a blank, which makes me think I must be an oddity.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

Richard

angle grinder

Reply to
Paul Herber

Are these not long enough?

Long handled nail scissors - 7.85" - Long Nail Scissors for pedicure - Straight toenail scissors - Serrated Blade - Stainless Steel

Tim+

Won't the council send round a pretty young chiropodist?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

using one of those natty chain-saw disks for wood carving ?. :-)

Reply to
Andrew

Or just wear open-toed sandals ?.

Reply to
Andrew

Try what Dave Lister on Red Dwarf does, which is grab the foot and yank it around so he can chew the toe nails.

Reply to
Davey

Blimey! I had no idea.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

Some very useful answers. Thank you guys.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

If only I could still do that...

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

angle grinder ?

Reply to
charles

If you want to remove a lot of that hard skin then the express pedi has good reviews, but to be honest a normal foot file is just as good if you are careful. I work by touch of course, but then I have no issues with reaching my feet. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)

Or one of these:

Max Demian

Pay Bill a visit, he might be grateful ;)

Reply to
Richard

You deserve a hearty pat on the back for not being a burden on others. There are some here that would expect their local authority to wipe their arses for them at public expense if they could. Well done for not being one of those types.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

You might want to engage the services of a podiatrist, who will also check your feet for other potential problems, treat blisters, etc. You should be able to get this free on the NHS if you have a qualifying condition such as diabetes.

Reply to
Custos Custodum

Mr Wright thou should knowest that the only tool for this job is an Angel Grinder!...

Reply to
tony sayer

What, for his angelic toenails, you mean?

Reply to
Tim Streater

I have had a few podiatry sessions when I had some health issues that impac ted my feet. (No - they did not qualify for "free".) Very pleasant. I just can't quite get myself to pay for them when I can manage to cut my own nail s. Mind, maybe I will book a session now I've been thinking about it...

Reply to
polygonum_on_google