Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Lisbon treaty, what it is really about.
THOSE WHO OWN THE DEBT, OWN THE PEOPLE (Part 2) - Independence Daily
1
1

'Daylight' LED lights
Does daylight mean blue, or are these lights not right? I didn't want warm ones as they look beige. Problem is I got 10 of them on ebay, as they were a good price. Anyway, i've put one up in my office...
43
43

Norbert Dentressangle
I realised today that I hadn't seen their lorries for ages. Did some Googling and found they are now XPO Logistics. Sad - I liked that name.
33
33

OT: BBC1 Monday 25th November at 2100
Don't miss it. Meat: A Threat To Our Planet Another BBC TV programme on why meat is bad for you and the planet, presented by a tearful Liz Bonnin. Doubtless brought to you in a typical BBC detached,...
23
23

2025 analogue phone line switch off
Keep seeing stories regarding BT's planned switch off of analogue phone lines in 2025 but, knowing little about telephony, and having no particular interest in the subject, don't know what this really...
56
56

False stained glass
A friend of mine would like a stained glass window with a bespoke design at the top of her stairs to replace the existing window. Real stained glass would be too expensive, even if I was capable and...
14
14

Re: Jain electro celling fan appliances manufacturers
I have blocked the original poster, though the english seems to be getting better these days. Brian

New 3D printer makes multi-material robots
video showing new technique for 3D-printing several substances at once which prints a walking platform powered by compressed air a little like a centipede. 3D printer was able to mix compressible...
2
2

Refilling pressurized CH system
As I am getting on in years and no longer fancy climbing ladders to clean the upstairs windows, a while ago I bought one of those water fed pole brushes and a pressurized water deionizer to do the...
3
3

Why....
...do light switches go down for on (in the UK) but circuit breakers go up? If there's a compelling logic, why isn't it the same all round the world? Tim
80
80

TOT: The Fishlake flood
My daughter lives in Fishlake, on one of the worst affected streets. The other morning I wrote this for our close family group, and it just occurred to me that other people might be interested.
90
90

Is the AA normally this bad?
I applied to join the AA breakdown on the 10th of this month. I received no communication from them, apart from a reply to my complaint, which itself had not be followed up. The money was taken from...
5
5

Gas heating options
Gazco still do balanced flue fires that run on LPG. Just needs a 6 inch diameter hole for the concentric aluminium flue.
53
53

Treating woodworm
One of the many round tuits that eluded me earlier this year was to spray woodworm killer on the joists and purlins in the sheds. A search hasn't revealed anything authoritative about what time of...
7
7

OT: Good toasting bread
Until recently, I've always used Burgen soy and linseed bread as I'm pre-diabetic and it has a lower carbohydrate content than most ordinary breads. But the one local supermarket that stocks it either...
30
30