Outlook: Accept insertion

Every time I insert text (or even move text) in an Outlook 2013 email, the text in question is changed to another colour and underlined. The only way to clear this is to right click then 'Accept insertion'. However, most of the time this option is greyed out.

Does anyone know how to resolve this, preferably by disabllng the feature altogether?

Reply to
Scott

I'm using Outlook 2007 which I don't think has this feature. But Word

2007 has a Review function which behaves in the way you describe - and allows changes to be tracked and shown in different colours. So have a look in your Outlook Help file for Review or Track Changes.
Reply to
Roger Mills

Thanks. Would this be in Options, in the main menu for Outlook or in the individual email? I cannot find it anywhere. Confusingly, all the references to tracking relate to tracking delivery rather than tracking changes. Surely it is best practice not to use the same term with different meanings?

Reply to
Scott

This?

Richard

Tracking changes predates any other use of the word, its in Word as well. One of the reasons I hate Outlook is its complications for doing simple email Of course in its most recent version it seems not to do news at all, so I'll keep clear unless something changed to invalidate the program I'm using. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Maybe I'm missing something but this seems to relate to commenting when replying.

The problem I am having is when I import text (say from an article or another text or even another part of the text) it becomes underlined and the colour changes. It is very hit and miss whether 'Accept changes' will succeed as most of the time it is greyed out.

Reply to
Scott

OK, this? Bear in mind, I don't use Outlook.

Richard

Thanks. I did look at that. It is already set to 'Keep text only'. I don't think the issue is formatting. I think it is part of the tracking of changes, to allow you to accept or not accept the changes. 'Accept changes' is usually greyed out, which I cannot understand.

Reply to
Scott

Another shot:

Failing that, have a rummage through the registry if you're brave enough.

Reply to
Richard

You have several types of "paste" available. Do you get the warning with all of them? If not there is usually an option on the popup after pasting to change the default past type.

Reply to
John Rumm

Outlook has never done news. The long defunct Outlook Express did news - but Outlook Express and Outlook are completely different programs...

Reply to
John Rumm

Thanks. This is an interesting line. Possible interaction between Word and Outlook was not something I had considered.

Reply to
Scott