OT(ish) Thunderbird and printing

Until very recently Thunderbird offered the option to print or print preview an email. This now isn't available - oh, hang on, seems to be working again?

With Windows Mail you can look at the source of the email without opening it to check if the alleged originator is correct, and not some SPAMmer.

Print preview seems to be the main option to do this on T'bird (no doubt there are other ways).

I'm now baffled (as usual) because the feature was greyed out but is now back.

Humph!

Dave R

Reply to
David

What wrong with view source?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thanks.

Found it in the View menu when I was expecting it on right click or Edit.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Just hit CTRL + U and it will show the raw text of the current email (or usenet posting). If you don't want to see a preview of a message, then you can toggle the preview pane with F8.

Reply to
John Rumm

Do you use a printer over wifi? I hate that idea as with so many now using wifi its so congested you get the now you see it now you don't syndrome. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

I agree but when I bought my last printer, I searched for the ethernet socket and found that there wasn't one. :(

Works very well though.

Reply to
pinnerite

I bought mine on the basis hat it had one.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Stand alone Ethernet connection.

Cheers