Subject Author Posted Replies

Low light CCTV?
Hi all, I was looking into a very basic domestic CCTV solution. I already have a variety of gear to play with (old cameras, external enclosures, DVR's etc) but am specifically interested in the very...
36
36

Pull saw blades
We have a Draper pull saw, and the blade is now blunt. 's under £7 for the whole thing, but I would prefer to buy just the blade as the handle is still good, and I'm on a mission to save the planet!...
10
10

Band saws: wood Vs metal cutting
Thinking about buying a floor-standing band saw. I was initially looking at eBay, Gumtree etc., but decided I don't need the grief of a DIY project to get some old crock of a machine running properly...

Surge Protection Device
In my earlier post I mentioned my BCO insisted I fit a Surge Protection Device (SPD). The item arrived today and because the Surge Devices web site has some information but not the full install...
19
19

Under floor mold
My wife's sister lives in a detached 1968 house in Hasting, Sussex. Its built on the side of a hill. The hill is pretty steep so the back of the house is 3M below the front and it then has a patio and...
7
7

Boot light again
The initial thread got side tracked but anyway I discovered the problem with the boot light blowing fuses. The light mounted on the bottom edge of the lid which functions as a red warning light and a...

Decisions based on self, at the expense of the common good.
QUORA: Was WWI avoidable? by David Lipman, former 1st Cavalry Division (1983-1987) Answered Oct 22, 2018 The fact that the Great War was avoidable is one of that wars many tragedies. When dealing with...

Jammed combi care catridge
I live in a hard water area and so have to install a combo care scale inhibitor once a year. I am a month late but have finally got round to it. I went to unscrew the top of the inhibitor with a...
2
2

Obligatory Gridwatch plug
Just check today and see how much of the total demand is being met from wind and solar. 5.95% + 3.11% = 9.06% Which is significantly more than when I looked a few hours back. <>At least they have...
1
1

Modern wiper blades
Are the modern single piece wiper blades any better than the traditional ones? Mostly around town driving with the occasional long distance drive.
11
11

Stixall adhesive
I'm using Stixall to secure/seal some PVC cladding. Couple of points Google hasn't helped with.... low temperature use and is it OK for use on the cladding fill material as I am having to machine...
13
13

Home made hydroelectric station in Russia
Necessity is the mother of invention. Heh! ------ As brought to you by those cheeky chappies posted in this group some time ago demonstrating their electrical skills.
1
1

Hopeless delivery tracing DPD
I ordered an item on Thursday and it was sent out same day, with next day delivery by DPD. This is the sequence of delivery as it was advised... Thursday advised twice it would be delivered Friday...
6
6

PURE Evoke 1S radio display (2023 Update)
The display on my above digital radio has all but disappeared. In a darkened room, with a small torch illuminating the light sensor, it's just possible to make out that something is happening on the...
22
22

Consumer Unit Layout (Final) Pt2
Just realised the link was to a Docx file which not everyone might be able to open so have included a PDF Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share...
3
3