Saw Safety

And these two

(same story you posted but it has a big map of Slovenia on it showing where the capital city is)

or

What is she hiding under that blanket?

Reply to
ARW

Does common sense exist in such people? You can bleed to death if you cut off your hand. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

But he'd checked up on the Internet first. There are possibly pages on there, explaining the best way to go about it.

It's all a bit remisnscent of "Jabberwocky" the Michel Palin film, if you ever saw it.

The first person he encountered when he got inside the castle/city was a beggar who'd cut his own foot off. It turned out he was Watt Dabney, a master cooper who'd fallen on hard times. So what chance had an apprentice cooper like Denis(Palin) got ?

michael adams

michael adams

If it's a clean cut I think there's a reflex that contracts the arteries to give you a fighting chance.

It's the femoral artery you need to watch for.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

There's a somewhat grim description in one of John Simpson's autobiographies on the process for judicial removal of hands or feet in more old-fashioned Arab countries. Not at all like the scene in Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves.

Reply to
newshound

I suspect there's probably video clips - if not on YouTube, certainly on some less discerning video sharing sites :(

Many moons ago I briefly subscribed to a sister publication of "Fortean Times" titled "Bizarre" which feature bizarre pictures and stories from around the world. As in beautiful proper colour photographs of some very unsettling scenes. One was of a Saudi executioner placing the hand of a criminal on a stump outside the hut where he removes them ....

Another picture they printed was of someone who miscalculated the length of the bungee rope they attached themselves on a bridge over a concrete path below ...

Reply to
Jethro_uk

It helps if the cut is a "fine" one.

"Sharp, guillotine-type injuries with relatively uninjured surrounding tissue have the best post-replantation prognosis, with a success rate of 77%"

Makes you wonder what the other 23% looked like.

OK, is this one a "keeper" or not ?

Paul

Reply to
Paul

Probably look fine, just that some/all of the nerves and tendons haven't been reconnected so feeling will be a bit odd and some function will be lost. IIRC the muscles that control your fingers are half way up your arm so reconnect the tendons and that functionality returns.

Oooo that looks like the tip of my left index finger. Except I tried to cut it off from the other side. Cut starts towards the base of the nail just by the the nails right side, right across the finger tip, to below the base of the nail and half way through the finger the otherside. I suspect 'cause the stanley blade encountered the bone as it went through. Bone is white you know...

11 small stiches, done by our GP in the local "Minor Injuries" unit. Back home all stiched up in less than two hours from inflicting the injury on myself. This was 20 years ago, initially couldn't feel the pain from poked quite hard by needle but could feel the touch and hot/cold of surafces touched Over the years things have slowly returned it's still feels "numb" but now can now feel pain.
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Many many years ago, I read something about lizards that can regrow limbs and some sort of weird reversal of electrical current across the wound which seems to stimulate growth.

Pretty certain scientists looked at some sort of active cast to promote growth ?

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Maybe they put it on backwards with Frankenstein style stitches to teach the bint a lesson?

She wasn't a bad looker...

Reply to
Jimk