OT Today's top tip

Do not let Lou book a hotel room for tonight in Lincoln.

On the plus side she has booked a nice hotel in Norfolk on the 13th of October.

FFS

Reply to
ARW

Mine did similar once with train tickets.

And one time we met several family members for a meal at a restaurant, the restaurant was closed. Presumably some restaurant elsewhere wondering why we bunch of ####s had booked and not turned up.

God love 'em!

Reply to
R D S

Or when full booking a room in a nearby hotel in the same chain to find that in the USA nearby is 200 miles away.

Reply to
alan_m

We'll all come round and burgle your house.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Being a dumb yokel myself, My mate invited us to stay with him in Florida and said he'd he'd pick us up from the airport.

I booked the flights. "Which airport" he asked. "Durrr.... Florida", I replied, thinking it was a stupid question.

When he learned which airport he was *pissed*!

Reply to
R D S

daughter staying with us tried to get a curry from a takeaway down the road, but ended up ordering from one about 60 miles away.

Reply to
charles

Reminds me of a secretary we had at work: "What's Belgium?", she wanted to know.

Actually on second thoughts that's probably a reasonable question.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Was her surname Raab?

Reply to
Bob Eager

ARW formulated on Saturday :

Talking of which, two weeks ago she went online to book a table for later that day, we ended up with a booking for seven days later. It was though, at the correct time.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

But it is of course your fault. Apart from many other arguments, she can always run the old but reliable "stop f****ng the brains out of me if you want me to..."

Reply to
Robin

I was amused once asking google maps for the nearest delicatessen in the Isle of Wight. The answer was some 200 miles away in Britanny, iirc.

Reply to
newshound

One of the reasons I try to get my OH to put everything into Google Calendar. This, of course, doubles the chance for error; but at least I get to check.

Reply to
newshound

The nearest store with stock is 6.2 miles - by boat, and not by car where the nearest river crossing is 35 miles away.

Reply to
alan_m

I live on the north Kent coast, and am frequently told that the nearest branch (or whatever) is in Southend or similar.

Reply to
Bob Eager

So fire up the jet-ski, then.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Treat yourself to the Old Palace, and have a beer at the Wig and Mitre

Reply to
nothanks

that is my birthday...

Reply to
Jim GM4 DHJ ...

f Wight. The answer was some 200 miles away in Britanny, iirc.

But only when the tide is in - Southend pier is 1.3 miles long for a reason.

Reply to
alan_m

Dad blast it, wojja tell 'im that for?

Reply to
Tim Streater

Not just that side - our pier wasn't much shorter (until it collapsed 3 months after we moved in). It too had a railway.

Jet skis are dirty words round here, when they start at 6 a.m.

Reply to
Bob Eager