OT Today's top tip

That was his fault for not specifying which ones were acceptable.

I generally find Americans can be just a little dense and assume the whole world knows their country like the back of their hand.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Adam's day just took a turn for the worse...

Reply to
Richard

he will just have to buy me a pressie now....

Reply to
Jim GM4 DHJ ...

Isn't Northampton just up the road from Southampton ?

Reply to
alan_m

And the cruise ships dock at Southampton for Hampton Court.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Many years ago, I went to see Steeleye Span at the Beck Theatre, Hayes, Middx.

Towards the end, the manager stopped the show, and bought on two sheepish looking Americans who had only just got there after getting train tickets to Hayes in Kent. To be fair they were good sports, and the audience reaction was amused sympathy (they got to meet the band and some free merch for brightening the concert up).

Meanwhile, many years later, I was with FiL who managed to drive 20 miles north of Stoke to get back to Birmingham as he followed the satnav.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

We once went to see (I think) Guys and Dolls at the Playhouse in Edinburgh, during the Festival.

We arrived just in time (we had been somewhere else; that was the year we did 119 events in the three weeks). Two women were sitting in our seats.

After a certain amount of argument (their tickets *did* have the right seat numbers) we discovered they had...come a day early.

I think the theatre found them two seats at the back.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Wimmin innit.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

The Playhouse, must be the only theatre where you go downstairs from main entrance to get to the upper gallery.

Reply to
charles

If you've ever walked down the lane at the side, you'll know why!

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I have!

We took our sons there for a few days a while ago. When we set out on the first morning, they asked if we should get a map - they were met with scorn. Then we took them for a walk up to the Castle - steps from the Grassmarket!

Reply to
Bob Eager

I do why, I was born & brought up in the city.

Reply to
charles

Toby is on guard.

Reply to
ARW

Noted for next week - Thanks. Not stopping overnight but the farmers market is every 3rd Saturday and Lou is off work. The Wig and Mitre looks very nice for a pint.

Reply to
ARW

If I wave a sardine at him he'll show me where the DVD player is.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

It enables access to the end of the shit pipe?

Reply to
Jimk

I must confess that having just left school I decided to do a bit of travelling around the US and didn't quite appreciate the size of it*.. Having bought an unlimited-travel bus+train ticket I decided to fly in to Boulder, Colarado and settle myself in before getting the train over to San Francisco. Looked at the timetable and saw it took around 4 hours which wasn't too bad so hopped on the train and set off.... 28 hours later we arrived. The timetable assumed it'd be obvious given the distances that the times shown were on different days!

(* it wasn't just the size I didn't appreciate, but also just how slow trains can sometimes be!)

Reply to
Mathew Newton

Ew. Ew. Ew.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

You after the disc?

Reply to
Jimk

Just pressed eject to see what is in it (hardly ever use it).

It had Sex Lives of the Potato Men.

Lou made me turn it off just after this clip saying "it's not funny"

ARW