Subject Author Posted Replies

What kind of boiler is this? And how do I change water temperature?
Just moved into new Council flat. This is a high rise estate where they have a central boiler providing gas and heating to the whole of the building (or so I was told) , then each flat has a second...
10
10

Lights Saga - FINAL
I'm pretty sure it's final anyway! Having taken on board all the advice from the group I decided that before crawling around the loft space I should just check the ceiling rose of the last light...
38
38

Getting lining paper off wall - desperate.
I have tried just about everything on this wall. It had pained woodchip over fifty years old. I got that off. Under it was a lining paper ( or even two layers of lining paper - and in some places what...
25
25

ebay deductions
Can ebay make deductions from my bank account for charges ?
2
2

Odd dishwasher fault
What causes a dishwasher to stop mid cycle if it’s not a leak, not a pump failure, not a heater failure and not a power cut? Our Fisher Paykel twin drawer dishwasher has twice paused after 100...
9
9

Lights Saga 3
I had another thought this morning. If I measure the voltage from the apparently live wire in the kitchen ceiling choc block to the the earth in the ceiling choc block will I trip the RCD? The CU has...
3
3

The Five Things Keeping Us From Going All-Electric
The Five Things Keeping Us From Going All-Electric By Amy Myers Jaffe, July 23, 2023, WSJ Electrification is all the buzz. As more governments, corporations, investors and consumers commit to reducing...

Fridge freezer temp alarm issue
Hi All, I have an old Zanussi fridge freezer which has worked without issue for almost 20 years now :) It has recently started triggering the temperature alarm. The fridge temperature seems fine and...
10
10

My Lights Saga
Round 2, the endoscope has arrived! I have removed the light fitting in the kitchen and it has a chocolate block connector behind it presumably performing the function of a ceiling rose in connecting...
9
9

Web hosting suggestions?
I help to the run the website and event-booking database for a small club. For about 7 years we have used TSOhost who were fine for some time, but a couple of years ago they were absorbed into the...
26
26

Moss almost everywhere
I live in a block of flats with a concrete tiled, pitched roof. There's moss on the roof, moss blocking the gutters and moss stuffed downpipes. Consequently, the pricey range of water butts being...
13
13

I Have Completed a Job!
Not the electrical mystery (awaiting an endoscope) but having spent several weeks changing where I keep the "ToDo" list, what format it should be in, what the priorities are and what font looks best I...
12
12

Web controlled relay for internet router.
Can anyone suggest a web controlled relay which will switch something off when asked and then switch it on again automatically a few seconds later. i.e. suitable for restarting and internet router...
22
22

OT:Ooops!
My personal i3 4Gb HP laptop running Mint has been running like a dog these past few weeks. I tend to NX into it from my work machine for the less worky things I get up to, so don't use it daily....
12
12

Suggestions for mounting bike stand on (maybe thin) concrete surface
Hi all I want to fit a bike stand (a 'sheffield cycle rack') to a bit of concrete hard standing we have. I want it to be a sturdy fastening. The flanges on the bottom of the rack have four holes to...
13
13