Subject Author Posted Replies

Scottish shielding food parcel.....
"It's definitely taken a massive load off my mind” – one man shares a first look inside food parcel "It's definitely taken a massive load off my mind” – one man shares a first look inside...
123
123

Re: air travel
nobody in scotland is going anywhere.... The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information. The...
19
19

I fixed something
All this talk of dead batteries made me dig out my dead Lidl/Aldi battery charger. I think it was Dave Plowman who mentioned that it was usually just a duff switch so I opened it up (thankfully I have...
15
15

(Another) freezer problem
Currently the 18 year old under counter freezer in the kitchen seems to not go below -17C ... Have just jiggled the contents around a bit - it's about half full. Not sure if there's much more to do....
10
10

Freezer problem
Our freezer has packed in and I've just thrown out the contents. It's a 50cm wide 'under the counter' Bush freezer kept in the cellar. Previously, it was very little used - peas, ice, occasional ice...
18
18

OT Raising the Kursk.
Between 18 May and 23 October 2001, SMIT Salvage carried out an extraordinary project; raising the Russian nuclear submarine Kursk. This submarine sank to a depth of 108 meters after an explosion in...
8
8

Flat battery
I just discovered that my car's battery is flat. I won't need the car until around the middle of next week: will it damage the battery at all to leave it uncharged until then? And are the home rescue...
236
236

OT: Small planes
I've noticed lately on flightradar24 there are often small planes flying in a sort of grid pattern. Right now there's one going east-west-east-west north of LHR and one going north-south-north-south...
17
17

OT: Ventilators - that real story
One of the better explanations that have seen: Be one of the first 500 people to sign up with this link and get 20% off your subscription with Brilliant.org! https://brilliant.org/realengineering/...
22
22

Keyless chuck
Any tips on how to free a keyless chuck stuck in the fully open position? B&D 10mm if that makes any difference.
21
21

RANDALL 103 timer
Hi I have had my back boiler remover and a Combi put in my old timer is no longer required how can i disconnect it and and remove it
1
1

OT(ish): Larch as firewood
A branch has come off a larch at the end of our garden. I have a wood burning stove so I?m always on the look out for good wood to burn. The question is, is it good, at least from a soot and...
6
6

What kind of foam tape do I need?
I'm looking for something very 'squashable' to fill a small gap between a (slightly bowed over time) worktop and an induction hob. Most draught-excluder type tapes I see are too resilient to fill the...
3
3

Martindale Socket Tester EZ150
Hi, Will this tester indicate possible earth cable deterioration when connecting to an outside socket as i have three outdoor sockets which were all working fine but one of them is now tripping my...
5
5

Spark plug coil amplifier
We seem to have less electronics expertise than in the past, what hppened to Andrew Gabriel? I have one of the cheap 2T 650W gensets based on the Yamaha 50cc capacitively excited generator handed me...
19
19