Nilfisk Aero 26 - anyone used one?

I use an Earlex WD1200 as a LVHP cdust collector in the workshop but it's very noisy so I'm thinking of replacing it with a Nilfisk Aero 26, which boasts a sound output of 64dBa - any relevant experiences?

Reply to
nothanks

Only from the late fifties, when the cleaner would come around the lab with a four wheeled Nilfisk unit. It was very quiet and a quality piece of kit then.

Reply to
jon

Thanks, but I suspect (hope!) the design may have been tweaked a little since then ;-)

Reply to
nothanks

I have a WAP Aero vac. About 18 years old and going strong. Its connected to a Festool Kapex saw via its autostart feature. The sound of the Kapex drowns out the sound of the Aero. I never thought of it as very noisy

Reply to
fred

I hadn't heard of Wap, but found this on the Nilfisk website: "Wap Reinigungssysteme was established in 1957 as one of the first cleaning equipment companies in Germany. 14 years later in 1971, KEW Industri was founded as one of the first cleaning equipment manufacturers in Denmark. ... In 1988, first KEW was acquired by the Danish venture group Incentive, who founded the ALTO group. Later on in

1999 also Wap joined the ALTO Group. In 2004, the ALTO Group was acquired by Nilfisk-Advance and the Nilfisk-ALTO brand became a reality."

"Festool Kapex" - looks very nice but expensive compared to the competition. I'm happy with my Bosch sliding mitre saw (except for the motor noise) so am not likely to fork-out for a Festool, but what makes them good enough to justify the high prices?

Reply to
nothanks

Yes WAP were acquired by Electrolux many years ago. Electrolux are a huge corporation

I wasn't asking you to buy a Festool Kapex. I merely offered that to assist you assess the noise of the Aero. (i.e.) less than the noise of the Kapex

What makes them good enough? Well I had a Bosch sliding mitre saw before I got the Kapex . I found the Bosch one of the dirtiest machines in the shop. The dust extraction facility I found useless. It spewed sawdust around like snuff at a wake. I thought long and hard before buying the Kapex but had a bit of money to spare so splashed out. I do fond it superior in many respects to the Bosch

Reply to
fred

I didn't think you were, I was just interested.

Thanks, and I agree with the comments about dust collection on the Bosch.

Reply to
nothanks

I remember reading or hearing that a Wet/Dry vacuum is always noisy. It was to do with the standard arrangement of motor and fan and keeping water out of the electrics. Maybe a a dry only hoover of similar spec would be better?

I googled the Earlex and it is the same as what I have, only mine says Wickes on it not Earlex. Noisy as heck! But it has been useful over the years.

TW

Reply to
TimW

I have one. Works well connected to my Metabo sander etc. Also works as well as a general vac and as wet and dry.

Never thought much about the noise level, I just accept than vacuums are noisy.

Reply to
DJC