Repair to DG windows

I've got a couple if uPVC double glazed windows which have become very drafty around the opening casements. It seems at the the "nylon looking" seal in the frame, which the casement frame closed onto, has lost it's elasticity and is not sealing the gap. The windows are about

30 years old, BAC I think. Is it possibe to replace these seals, and are replacements available? Anyone done this and know if it's easy or don't even try? Any other solution (apart from replace the whole window)?
Reply to
Davidm

On a warm day in Autumn I spend a morning applying cheap furniture polish to the DG seals on the openers and the frames, spraying the polish onto a rag and rubbing that along the seals. Not only does this remove a year's crud, but the solvents in the polish help soften and swell the seals, hopefully making them more pliable and more likely to seal properly. If yours haven't been done in this fashion for 30 years, it might take a few applications for this approach to work, but it is 'cheap and cheerful' DIY...

Reply to
Spike

Google double glazing spares for lots of suppliers of DG bits and pieces.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

Ebay and Amazon sell replacement seals. Depending upon type, even Screwfix do. They are usually just pull out and push in.

Reply to
Steve Walker

Some types of flexible seals react very well to Gummi Pflege. Worked a treat on the door seals on my car.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News