Cuprinol Wood Preserver

I've just used the very last of my 5L tin of VOC Cuprinol Wood Preserver, and am looking for a successor. Modern stuff appears to be water-based but contains the same active ingredient. However, there are some wood preservers out there that also have the same stuff in them but are half the price of Cuprinol. Are these any good?

Reply to
Spike

Some high VOC here:

PeterC

The Barrettine stuff seems good:

This was the golden / light brown version:

and some of the dark brown on an arch:

John Rumm

Many thanks for the link. Having been used to using VOC wood preservers seemingly for ever, going with what one is used to is the safe way forward. However, I am aware that the odour from applying a VOC preserver can leave a pong floating about for a day or two depending on conditions, hence my initial interest in water-based preservers. Having said that, it's good to know that VOC stuff is still available.

Reply to
Spike

Many thanks for the info and useful photos. It's interesting to see that VOC preservers are still available and now in low-odour form. I've never used Barrettine products before, but they have good reviews so I guess it's time to try something new.

Reply to
Spike