Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Amazon order - said it'd come in two days now says it could be 17 Nov!
I ordered a Samsung tablet on Amazon yesterday, sold by Amazon, and it said it'd come in two days. On looking at the order today it's not been dispatched and says it could come between 21 Oct and 17...
1 week ago 17

OT: Chinglish instructions for a floodlight
I just bought an LED PIR floodlight which has the following instructions: **************** Schedule radar inductive device description. Radar induction voted light lamp induction device (3G following)...
1 week ago 139

G9 Lampholder
I need to replace a burned lampholder in a ceiling fitting. I cannot for the life of me work out how to remove it. I have looked at replacements for clues. Can anyone make a suggestion based on doing...
1 week ago 16

Homelux tile trim.
Anyone know what the 'chrome' finish ones are made of? Metal of some sort which is very tarnish resistant - but doesn't seem as hard as stainless steel. Cannot speak for the Homelux brand but every...
1 week ago 2

Long lasting emergency lights?
I have several emergency lights over the stairs etc, which light up when the mains fails. But if they only last 4 hours, and the power trips when i'm asleep at midnight, and fire breaks out at 6 a.m....
1 week ago 19

Hotpoint w/mch belt comes off
Recently changed drum on a Hotpoint WMUD962 Been working fine for 2 weeks ... then belt came off. Belt is not adjustable .... and motor position also not adjustable (fixed by drum mounts) Hence...
1 week ago 11

3 Electricians 4 Opinions
Hi All, I know of 3 houses which have recently had additions to their Electrics...?.. In the case of our house our thoroughly useless and I suspect unqualified "sparky" insisted that the MCB for the...
1 week ago 9

Tim?s Beloved EU and Vegans!
There is justice in the world the EU are planning to ban the veg chompers from misleading people by calling meat free products like vegan burgers as burgers. The vegans are squealing like stuck pigs....
1 week ago 76

So that's why all this puff about the 'hydrogen economy'
in message: Rent one for long journeys or use another mode for one or both situations... in message: "Leading a study"? Is that you're asking for quotes? Or do you have people to talk to their people?...
1 week ago 92

Makita lithium ion 18V
in message: What's the Ah of the battery that wouldn't fit? in message: They did indeed. Available s/h on eBay if anyone really wants one :-) in message: Hmmm The buc122 is listed as LXT so should...
1 week ago 22

Smart thermostat Q (again).
in message: A hidden "wiring centre" aicmfp So, decided to order the damn thing in advance of really needing the heating and SWMBO complaining ... After very careful inspection, and trusting my...
1 week ago 16

the holy virgin
anybody got this new virginmedia wifi router that they are in the process of delivering? like a kitchen rubbish bin.... Virgin on the ridiculous. On Mon, 19 Oct 2020 12:33:32 +0100, "Jim GM4 DHJ ..."...
1 week ago 7

Lidl offers
This Thursday, Lidl have their self levelling laser pointer level on sale again. Better than the similar one I bought some time ago as it includes a variable height tripod. Mine came with a less...
1 week ago

Professional Decorator
Decided I may get someone in! Lounge neede the paper stripping and we want it painting. The bloke who quoted said he would want to use lining paper before painting.(Wallrock). I aksed why and he said...
1 week ago 14

Lidl, 80 alligator clips for £3.99?
in message: Aka nipple clamps.... in message: A previous Lidl offer of those Scotch-Lockalike connectors had to be curtailed, because the packaging strongly implied they were suitable for mains use....
1 week ago 10