Subject Author Posted Replies

Gas hob
Hi ,when I run the hot water tap all four gas hob flames slowly diminish and go out any ideas thanks!
2
2

Karacher
As far as I know none of them should pulse, although a pulsing effect can achieved with one of the lances, the Dirt Buster is the one I think. The pulsing is done in the lance head, if the motor is...

Soooooo far OT - FTSE100 (and other World markets) and recession
OK, well off topic (apart from DIY investors) but there are some sensible and informed people here. Our last really big recession was in 2008 with the Great Financial Crash. Looking back, around...
9
9

BSP fitting
Looking for advice on suitability of a BSP fitting. My need is to fit a 1" BSP male thread into a clearance hole is a thin(ish) plate and fix it there with a nut either side of the plate One of these...
1
1

OT: HD TVs
Not 1080 lines, not HD. Should be called "semi HD", not "HD ready". You wouldn't buy a "motorway ready" car that only went 35mph instead of 70. Scammers are everywhere.
12
12

Why don't they make 4 ply toilet paper?
Why don't they make 4 ply toilet paper? Everybody folds 2 ply to make 4 anyway.
19
19

Filling holes in doors after removing Yale surface locks
You can use a router with a template and the right set of bushes[1] to cut a recess in the door, and then an exactly matching plug from some other timber. This will let you route out the imperfection...
36
36

Radiator valve ID
Some of our radiators seem to be missing part of the valves: pin goes in if you press it) Am I right in thinking this is the base of a TRV which somebody has half inched? There doesn't appear to be...
9
9

MP3 files and sound quality
Perhaps only peripherally DIY but there's such a lot of computer expertise here. I was surprised today to see a reference to "a poor quality fifth-generation mp3 file" - I thought that digital files...
30
30

Why do we have modesty panels on desks?
WTF? How is opening a door anything remotely like sitting at a desk?
30
30

Concrete with small size aggregate
I am looking for a concrete that contains small size "stones". Is there such a thing? fine concrete is a different thing altogether I have found.
9
9

Lever basin taps.
The cold tap on our basin needs a new washer but these were only cheap ones I fitted some 20+ years ago. With her arthritic hands and especially with soapy tap heads they aren't as easy to turn on...
2
2

Linseed oil mastic...???
"The name putty is also applied to substances resembling putty, such as red-lead putty, mixtures of red and white lead and linseed oil." Somehow, that doesn't sound all that safe. Paul
2
2

Re: RME Glasgow
remembers RME Glasgow ? ..... ==== I don't but I was there in 86:) Image DSCF1811 hosted in ImgBB
11
11

Re: thanks boris
:))) Image 96451980-181035850022275-7857447586322448384-o hosted in ImgBB Image 96451980-181035850022275-7857447586322448384-o hosted in ImgBB