Amazonian Jobsworthiness

Having only just this week achieved the age of three score years and ten, there is no way that I could pass as being under 18 years old!

But I've just taken delivery of an Amazon item that required someone over the age of 18 to take it in.

I had to produce ID showing my date of birth before it would be handed over.

Reply to
gareth evans

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaha

Reply to
Jimmy Stewart ...

That seems a little odd, so much for discreet delivery. I'm not going for the cheap joke option as I would imagine others might have done so. Sometimes it makes you wonder about the observational powers of people. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

I'm afraid I surpass you but some years back having booked cheaper, senior citizen, tickets on line for the Prado I was amused/flattered when collecting them from the kiosk by a demand to see proof of age

Reply to
fred

When I used to travel to New York a lot for work, the bars in JFK asked everyone for proof of age. They said it was to avoid hassle.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan