Subject Author Posted Replies

Computer fan.
How is the physical size measured? The actual fan diameter or the frame or fixing centres?
2
2

Neighbours borrowing stuff
I have just been asked my my next door neighbour if he could borrow my bath plug!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My last neighbour would asked "can I lend your bath plug?" A better class of neighbours?
16
16

The House the 50s Built pt2
Hohum. DeHavilland was given credit for the ply forming technology for the Mosquito, he borrowed that from south coast boatbuilders. Narrow slats instead of wide ones on Venetian blinds, with nylon...
14
14

OT Whiskey
For being a good boy, pulling my guts out and making a 10/10 job of painting the interior of my house the wife has given me a bottle of Bells Whiskey. Seems she has had it in a drawer for maybe three...
45
45

Replacement cord grip/strain reliefs for mains/IEC plugs?
Does anyone know if it's possible to buy a bag (of 50, 100, I don't care how many) replacement little cord grips/strain relief clamps that fit in mains plugs/in-line IEC plugs and such-like? You know,...
5
5

Metal plate for securing round post to flat patio slabs
I'm looking for a neat way of screwing down a series of round wooden posts (probably 90mm diameter, though that could be changed) onto a flat patio. I know that Metposts make a square securing gizmo...
8
8

100mm flexible round hose connector
The 100mm flexible round hose connectors come in male and female, e.g. pictures look the same to me. Obviously the threaded end for the hose is effectively female, so it must be the other end that...
3
3

Quick (temporary) fix for frameless specs
I wear a pair of frameless specs, and one of the lenses has cracked slightly so the arm fixing is loose. Obviously a new pair is needed. Rather than resort to my backup pair, which are a slightly...
12
12

Continuous header tank overflow: corrosion in CH system?
I help look after an man in his 90s who lives in a small bungalow. In recent months the overflow pipe from the header tank of his old central heating system has been dripping continuously. I checked...
5
5

Allotment stake-out
We have the mandatory nutter on our allotment. Of course he has to reside on a plot near ours. Lately we have had dead birds dumped in places on our plot and some crops trampled. (& more of the same)....
11
11

O T: Can Anyone On Talk Talk Help Please ?
Transferring files from one PC to another for a friend whilst he is on holiday. Got all files transferred when suddenly realised that I had not transferred the connection details and too late to get...
7
7

Fathers Day - Aldi on Thursday
be this one that has a lithium ion battery http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_25084.htmMust

Tumble drier about to expolde...
...Well, not quite. It's playing up. But before I go prodding around in something I know nothing about, does anyone have any possible pointers? The machine is a Zanussi condenser, about six years old....
11
11

Dead mini-ITX PSU
The PSU in my mini-ITX box seems to have died. It's this PSU, as far as I can tell: (it certainly looks like that). There's no internal fuse that I can identify, and though there's a generic-looking...
16
16

Chinas massive wind energy program - not!
"Construction projects already underway should see China bring online some 27 new reactors by the end of 2015 - in addition to the 15 units currently in operation". we could run the entire UK grid off...