Best choose your circular saw carefully

have 251V ATV so I can use neither:-)

Reply to
ARW

^^ATM^^

Reply to
ARW

Our mains voltage used to be called 240V but now under European disharmony is now 230V. Nothing has changed apart from tolerance, currently +10%/-6% 216/253 so 230V circular saws should cope with 251V.

I'm surprised they are allowed call any machine 240V unless its for sale in the Isle of Man or a few other exotic countries?

Reply to
Fredxx

counts ... got your own substation?

Andy Burns

My mains varies between about 241V at peak times up to about 245V, measured on 3 different instruments.

Reply to
PeterC

Some years ago my Videologic (now Pure) DAB tuner stopped working - it had cost a lot of money so I was cross. Then I found the lights in the house were dim. So I measured the mains voltage: 208v. I called Scottish Power at 2130 - half an hour later a squad turned up and we were switched to another supply - the loss was due to a faulty cable. The DAB tuner revived and I could see to read again.

Reply to
Geoff Pearson

All depends on the size of your local transformer. There was a 17Kva pole transformer supplying me and two neighbours. The voltage varied between 210 and 270 volts.

They have changed it for a bigger one now (45Kva) which has fixed the problem. It's now 220-240.

Reply to
harry

or

Part Timer

Mine is fluctuating wildly between 0 and 338V, sometimes sinking as low as -338V, do you think it's bust?

Reply to
fred

338V! That would be one hell of a bust - and cup size.
Reply to
polygonum

that question - why?

The guy demo'ing it couldn't think of a single application to justify it.

I tried out a different lever-plunging Mafell circular saw and it was great, superbly made, as was all the other Mafell kit.

But this thing, at enormous $$$, must have a very narrow area of application.

Reply to
Dom Ostrowski

Spoken in the true spirit of the group, sir, I toast you :-)

Reply to
fred

Nice:-)

Reply to