Subject Author Posted Replies

OT. Shale gas. Donner und Blitzen!
We are all doomed. Brian
2

OT - power outages; where are they reported?
Just had a power outage for a couple of minutes. It came back on before I got bored enough to demonstrate my independance from the National Grid (short term) by tethering my laptop to my mobile for...
32
32

Scaffolding
I need to get the back wall of my house scaffolded so that I can do some repairs to the rendering and then repaint it. At it's apex it's about 10m from ground level, and due to a neaby pergola, access...
10
10

OT: recommendation for making photo slideshow onto CD/DVD (free)
I'm looking for a recommendation for some software (preferably free) to create a slideshow of about 200 photos (JPG) onto a DVD (or CD) that will run on a TV (built-in DVD, so probably needs more than...
9
9

Communication wiring for a new house
I'll soon be wiring a new house, and I want to install some communication cabling at the same time. It's a small two-bedroomed house, which will be rented out when it's complete, so I'm not looking to...
27
27

OT First class knob head
A presenter on the BBC consumer affairs show Rogue Traders admits illegally obtaining housing and council tax benefits.
6
6

Sold House Prices
Nethouseprices and rightmove both have sold prices. They probably all link to the same land registry database.
10
10

some questions re garden shed
As John says it depends on the damage, but on the face of it srinking the shed sounds like way more work than replacing half a dozen boards. NT
8
8

New "keeper" for UPVC door
I think that the right term anyway. It's the vertical bit of metal that the door bolt hooks behind to hold the door shut. Mine has fractured off. (It seems to be made of cast metal). You can see in...
2
2

OT - Thunderbird peculuarity
Yes, go for an old version of the software. Nobody has a good word to say about the current Mozilla policy of release and be damned about the bugs. Brian
9
9

Furry dots source?
Hmm, probably a bit too thick, the ones I've seen hardly have any thickness at all, are quite small and green furry. the whole idea is the texture not the deptth, its the deptch that makes they easy...
16
16

tiling faqs
I would describe that as flatness and is something I would judge by eye. Nevertheless, I hope my suggestion is useful to the faq. Colin Bignell
25
25

CPC free delivery
Just to confirm... the offer is on until 23:59 Friday. As usual...free delivery on orders of £10 (excl. VAT) or more. Enter WEBFREE in the comments box at checkout. Delivery/handling charge will show...
22
22

External Door Lock Repair
The Eurolocks that I have dealt with have a long bolt coming from the edge of the door to hold the lock in place. You shouldn't hvae to remove the "shoot bolts".
3
3

All the windmills in the UK are not supplying enough electricity to charge one I phone in every house in the country
01:36:31 Tuesday, 26 June 2012 =============================== Renewable Britain: A report. Bristol channel is at high tide. No tidal power would be produced by the highest tidal range in the UK at...
44
44