Totally OT: Annual travel insurance - supplier advice sought.

Hopefully I will get a more balanced reply here than I can find on any review sites.

I'm looking to renew my annual travel insurance policy for Europe without Skiing, but I have been unable to find an insurer that isn't slated by its (former) customers.

I know that, generally, only dissatisfied individuals put finger to keyboard and that the web reviews are unreliable so I thought that I'd seek the opinions of another impartial and statistically valid group :-)

Has anyone had a good experience of claiming from an annual travel insurer?

TIA

Richard

Reply to
RJS

Dave West

Skiing, but I have been unable to find an insurer that isn't slated by its= (former) customers.

ard and that the web reviews are unreliable so I thought that I'd seek the = opinions of another impartial and statistically valid group =A0:-)

No-one can tell you how good insurance is unless they have used it, ie made a claim. Anything else is just bullshit.

I made a claim off the NFU insurance and had no complaints.

Reply to
harry

I am with direct line and will be staying simply;y because I had it before that ash cloud and as a renewing customer I am still covered for that sort of thing. New Direct line customers will find there are exclusions that now remove that cover.

My point is you may find something similar in what you have and it may not be worth moving just to save a bob and loose cover you could really do with.

Gary

Reply to
Gary

ut Skiing, but I have been unable to find an insurer that isn't slated by i= ts (former) customers.

board and that the web reviews are unreliable so I thought that I'd seek th= e opinions of another impartial and statistically valid group =A0:-)

If your an idiot, yes. The rest of us can read the policy conditions.

From you it is.

I have made a number of claims from a number of comapmies and had no complaints. But then I'm in the literate camp.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Indeed you are right.

I'm paying just under =A3150 for Europe cover with caving and have never ha= d to claim but am going through the comparison process prior to renewing. = It seems to be a fruitless excerise because 'comparison' sites seem to majo= r on price, which is not my primary concern.

Richard

Reply to
RJS

and they don't even tell you enough info to decide

One of then offered me a "best buy" that has a totally useless maximum trip length of 14 days. But this wasn't even flagged up in an obvious way, I had to go to the Company's web site to look at the small print to actually discover this

Reply to
tim.....

The different between a good and a bad insurance company is one that pays out promptly without quibble when you claim and one that tries every trick in the book to avoid paying

there is absolutely no way that you can establish this from the T&Cs

tim

Reply to
tim.....

Hello Tim

I totally agree with you. The T+Cs are, largely, irrelevant (unless you ar= e seeking a payout for something clearly excluded.

I wonder if travel insurance will be the next financial miss-selling scanda= l.

There is a certain sense in buying the cheapest insurance with the understa= nding that it is not worth the paper that the policy is printed on (or elec= trons that carried the email) in the expectation that it would at the least= satisfy a claim for reimbursement for a flight diversion in the event of b= eing taken ill while on board a flight. That (uninsured) cost would bankr= upt most people and is why my F-I-L won't/can't travel by air.

Richard

Reply to
RJS

y review sites.

hout Skiing, but I have been unable to find an insurer that isn't slated by= its (former) customers.

eyboard and that the web reviews are unreliable so I thought that I'd seek = the opinions of another impartial and statistically valid group =A0:-)

There is always wriggle room if they decide they don't want to pay up. You only find out the good insurers when you make a claim. Why do you suppose the FSO has an insurance department?

So tell us about your life enhancing experiences. Or is it just more fiction?

Reply to
harry

snipped-for-privacy@t5g2000vba.googlegroups.com...

Exactly so.