Subject Author Posted Replies

Huw much will people pay?
I used to wonder about this but then I noticed a woman armed with a list. She never looked at the price once. I continued to look at others and they did the same. Thats how Tescos and the like make...
56
56

Solvent for parcel tape residue?
One of the windows on my car stuck open yesterday and until I could fix it I rain-proofed the gap by covering it with a couple of strips of that 2" wide thin brown parcel tape - which was a mistake....
42
42

Quickchef 500 microwave
How to remove the two control knobs?
3
3

DHW expansion vessel
The expansion vessel on our hot water circuit (*not* the boiler expansion vessel!) is supposed to be pressurised to 3.5 bar but is currently down to just over 2 bar. I'd like to pump it up but I...
26
26

OT: what satnav for hill walking?
A long way from DIY, but this forum seems to have a very wide "readership" so a few must be keen walkers and have tried walking satnavs. I've got the UK 50k OS maps on my phone as a back-up for the...
49
49

Flat garage roof advice
My mum n dad have a garage attached to their house. It's rather long, since the guy who built it (previous owner did it himself, we're told) also extended the kitchen sideways at the same time. So,...
13
13

buying replacement LED drivers and kitchen LEDs in general
I think the answer lies in the above somewhere, probably a poor design so good money after bad applies? I think external driver is the answer, I see prices are much less than when I bought these units...
7
7

Toilet waste near incoming electrics
Hi, The previous owners of our house had a toilet installed in thei cupboard under the stairs. They also had the electrical meter, incoming main and fusboard on the floor next to it! We had the house...
3
3

Has anyone used/found a use for Sugru?
Looks as though it may be useful for some modding and repairing of tools cons are that it is expensive (ukp 12 for 40 gms) and has a relatively short shelf life of 6 months so not some to keep in the...
26
26

O.T. Captcha and visually impaired
Has anyone tried listening to the sound output on a 'captcha' security check? I've just tried the Ryanair one after encountering a very fuzzy text. The sound was even more confusing than the visual...
26
26

Fill/Flush valves
I'm trying to put together a sort of database of the legion & many fold flush & fill valves currently available. Apart from The traditional Delchem I've so far got; Fluidmaster Wirquin Siamp Gerberit...
4
4

Totally OT: How much will people pay?
Went into ASDA and marked down were - Strawberries, £2 to 35p. Lovely, sweet and tasty. £2 ? they can keep 'em. Runner beans, £1 to 10p. Terrific with carrots, bacon & mash. £1 ? possibly....
26
26

Disposal of Mercury
Where/ what were you scavenging? Chris
114
114

Plaster over latex paint
Hi I have a bedroom ceiling thats has been painted with Wickes Flexible Ceiling Paint (basically latex type paint), can this be plastered straight over? Thanks Alec
5
5

DIY reflowing nvidia chips.
Just reflowed a Samsung R70 board which wouldn't boot. Stripped the board out. Shielded the surrounding stuff with ali foil. Started to heat it with a craft hot air gun (only 300w, bought to puff up...
16
16