Subject Author Posted Replies

Saws seceuro glide compact garage door problem
The garage door has stopped operating properly,the control panel light is flashing 2 amber and 1 red.If you open up the control panel there are 3 relays and the middle one is showing red lights and...

On Topic! - car port and Building Regulations - nailiong in a tight space.
Guy brought in to repair a knackered fence next door. Because it is a particular kind of fence - feathered boards nailed through to an arras rail - he needs access from our side to get the nail gun...
7
7

?Bagged? loft insulation
By ?bagged? I mean the insulation is enclosed when unrolled. I?m finally getting around to topping up our loft insulation but because our boiler is at the far end of the loft, I need to maintain...
12
12

OT(again) - Guardian and electric cars
<> Basic premise seem to be that you can save around £1,000 a year by switching from a petrol/diesel to an electric car. My basic maths suggests that you won't get payback for 20 years or more. That...
31
31

Another mis-targetted offer to remove an asbestos roof
I have just received another offer delivered via the postal system, addressed to my address, but to the 'occupier' to remove and replace my cement asbestos garage roof - no doubt at ridiculously...
2
2

Liveryman 15W rechargeable battery horse clipper blades
Does anyone here know what size the two screws holding the blades together are on these clippers? Daughter bought a set and within minutes of starting to use them one of the screws fell out into the...
10
10

Best bit of my holiday
And I got another 10 miles to play him like a toy after he gave me the middle finger.
14
14

Loctite on 3D printer build
I have bought a 3D printer (Ender3 Pro). Looking at YouTube videos looks like there is quite a bit of assembling involved . Now with RC buggies etc, when putting metal screws into metal a dab of...
6
6

Oil tank questions
We have a small (1200 lt) oil tank (no gas here). Being that small means that we often run out in winter or when the price is high for some other reason. Luckily I was able to avoid the price rise in...
43
43

Lidl right angle drill
Lidl has a right angle cordless drill on offer today. £17.99 body only and the same for the charger and 2 battery. 4 battery £20. Somewhat of a bargain compared to 'better' makes.
28
28

[SOLVED] Which plaster?
PB boards on insulation on a solid wall, as a plastering newb which plaster should I use for filling all the gaps, screwheads etc?
14
14

Coloured crystals emerging from concrete
Last year I made a wall by pouring/shuttering concrete, later painted it, over winter the paint flaked off and what appeared like ice could be seen on the bare concrete, I assumed moisture had come...
43
43

OT: British Gas refusing card payments
Had my gas bill this morning from British Gas. I normally pay immediately, using my credit card (Barclaycard), but BG is refusing both my credit card and my debit card, even though there's plenty of...
11
11

OT: Investigation into Amazon's shady practices
For those who have shown interest in Amazon's practice of signing you up to Prime: the UK government was up to the job first. The tech giant has known for years that its Prime subscription sign-up...
2
2

I want to stop weeds growing in a particular place
Hi I have a couple of gardening issues, although I'm not a gardener. I had a new patio laid and along one edge is an old brick wall, with a slight gap so that we can get it redecorated etc. However,...
19
19