Subject Author Posted Replies

Tracing source of underground leak
Can someone recommend a coloured dye (and supply source) that can be dissolved in water for tracing the source of a water leak. It's just that we have several underground drains that run close t...
8
8

Hoist /Winch ... what do you think?
Hi team =85.. I have a boat trailer (twin axle) which has a boat on it wei= ghing 1600Kg. On the flat I can happily pull & push trailer is a straight line - so roll= ing resistance is not too high. I...
26
26

Dickering Flimmer Switch
At SWMBOs request I fitted a dimmer switch in out dining room. It flickered on some settings, so I took it back to TLC who swapped it for another. It still piggin flickers! It's a 400w Ultimate push...
14
14

Angle grinder
The fire at an Essex nightclub in the early hours of Sunday morning was caused by an angle-grinding stage act, says the club.
10
10

Proper trick or treat
Well a trick for the kids and a treat for the adults SUBSCRIBE to get the latest #KIMMEL: http://bit.ly/JKLSubscribe Watch the latest Mean Tweets: http://bit.ly/MeanTweets8 Connect with Jimmy Kimmel...
4
4

OTish Amazing scale model.
Anders Bike Shop
32
32

Making a feature out of a 22mm hole in a wall
Due to small miscalculation of the drilling point todays customers are now left with a 22mm hole in their lounge wall:-( Is there any way to make a feature out of this or do I just cough up for the...
12
12

Part P Review
Forums - Error
1
1

Steel bolt for aluminuim boiler
I need to replace the bolts holding together the boiler of an espresso machine. The top part is aluminium, or something similar, and I think the bottom is chromed brass. The original bolts are...
6
6

OT Car Insurance
It's that time of year again and both car insurances are up for renewal.= Notices have come through, wander off to some cute furry animal website = to get a feel for the "going rate" and find that for...
91
91

Rafter span - hip for carport roof
We are building a veranda across the back of the new extension, and a car port up the side of the house to link with the veranda and provide a covered walkway from the front to the back of the house....
4
4

Solid bed tiling?
I have some 600x300mm glass tiles, the instructions say they need laying on a solid bed. What's the reasoning behind this? If it's purely mechanical then it shouldn't be an issue as they are to be...
1
1

"rear cable entry" outside lights
What's the correct way to mount a " rear cable entry" outside wall light when the existing cable is surface mounted? Cheers Jim K
7
7

condensation inside kitchen extractor duct?
I am about to fit an extractor fan in the kitchen. It's a conventional Eli= ca unit (with filters) and has an external fan. The duct goes up from the = extractor, runs for 3 metres horizontally...
3
3

Grate spelling mistakes of our time
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11023364/jigsaw.jpgBill