Subject Author Posted Replies

Use of sane rational arguments to promote the climate change agenda..
's always nice to see reasoned logical debate on these issues, isn't it? Meanwhile, for those who prefer humour As I remember, school uniforms were all abolished in the '80s in a purge^Wsurge of...
9 years ago 35

Ebay - OT
This is possibly a rant but someone may be able to help this naive stupid female here. I have to say I don't like the concept of e bay anyway but I have little choice . I want to buy a decorative...
9 years ago 229

Shower waste, traps and NRV's
A few questions: 1. When fitting a chrome shower waste grid with a back nut and two rubber seals, would you use silicone to provide an additional seal to the tray when clamped? 2. Am tiling the floor...
9 years ago 2

Ni-Cads from Ebay
One of the batteries on my much loved Wicks cordless drill - the one with the right angle attachment - has failed. It's a 13 cell 2000mA Nicad. There are tagged sub-C Nicads on Ebay with free postage,...
9 years ago 17

Can I resurrect my tyre compressor?
I've got one of those 12V tyre compressors which has become next to useless over the last couple of times of using it. The electronics still works, (you can set the required pressure, and it reports...
9 years ago 5

OT ARWadsworth
The Fat Slags. I stand corrected. Mr Pounder In message , Mr Pounder writes Well, WE al knew that Juging by yoor grammer i doubt it Mr Pounder In message , Mr Pounder writes Ha ... sort your sig sep...
9 years ago 7

Interpump pressure washer...
Hi there, I know this isn't my first time asking a pressure washer question... This pressure washer has caught my eye for a potential replacement of my current domestic model. is a stockist fairly...
9 years ago

Underfloor heating failed or just RCD
Brother in law asked me to take a look at his bathroom undefloor heating - the RCD supplying it keeps tripping off, but only after it's been on for 30-45 minutes or so. I disconnected the load...
9 years ago 3

How long can a TV extension cable be?
That is, the cable from the back of the TV to the wall plate. I need to watch the TV in the annexe which has no wall plate, so I could run an extension from, say, the kitchen's wall plate. But what is...
9 years ago 85

oilet grab bar
What's the optimum height for a grab bar next to the toilet seat? Should it be horizontal or vertical? About the right height for the person who needs to use it to grab comfortably. People vary. I...
9 years ago 6

Re: OT Gunfight.
In article , harry writes Read the article: In article , says... I reckon an SA80 might be a bit of overkill. So are you suggesting that they should be issued with handbags? You really are Terry...
9 years ago 20

Protecting brass from the elements
I have some rather nice brass door handles on my conservatory - which originally (20 years ago!) had some sort of lacquer coating to stop them tarnishing. This has worn off over the years, and they...
9 years ago 5

WC internal overflow syphons
I replaced our toilet syphon with a drop valve type flush some years ago, and disconnected the external water overflow warning pipe. However, the drop valve stuck open a few days ago and as we are on...
9 years ago 12

Coving adhesive onto tiles ?
I have to put cheapy coving up in a bathroom. The "tiler" has left a 1" gap between the last tile (travertine) and the ceiling. I need to get a tight steam proof fix on the tile and coving with...
9 years ago 1

Safestyle Windows - a bunch of disreputable merchants?
Just had one of their salesmen banging aggressively at my door. When he said who he was, he started waffling so I asked him immediately to come to the point and say what had he come about? He then...
9 years ago 2