Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Aerosol cans on aircraft?
OK, daft question maybe, but I've never flown anywhere before so I don't know. I've got a 'travel-size' (35ml) aerosol can of Lynx deodorant - is this allowed in the carry-on hand luggage? If it makes...
23
23

OT BT broadband
Had a problem with BT broadband. The first question was 'Is this the number that you are having a problem with?' Followed by 'Are you able to make and receive calls on this number? Jonathan
8
8

fl125 Suzuki timing chain
Suzuki camchain tensioners on their 125 singles are automatic.
7
7

Boxing in pipes under a wall hung boiler.
The boiler is on the kitchen wall above the worktop. All of the pipes run t= hrough the worktop vertically up to the underside of the boiler and they ha= ve been boxed in and tiled to within about 9...
4
4

Removing musty smell from vacuum cleaner hose
The other day the Dyson wasn't working very well, so I pulled out the elbow under the hose and removed a pen. Then I noticed there was a blockage of shredded paper and lint in the hose, and I blew it...
12
12

Want to replace a digistat scr with a fixed c\h programmer
Can you please recommend a non wireless fixed on the wall central heating programmer and thermostat that can replace my digistat scr and rf601 I have a greenstar 28i junior and the built in timer mt10...
4
4

'Professional' carpet cleaners
Is there any benefit to getting people in to clean the carpets rather than renting a machine and DIY? In either case is there likely to be much improvement over our Bissell?
18
18

Suction fixings for shower riser
I'm not keen on drilling my new glass tiles especially as our shower riser while quite new isn't a keeper. So is anyone aware of fixings that I can use on an existing riser, they need to be the grabby...
1
1

Christmas lights
I need about 50m string of clear, LED, none flashing, Christmas lights for a little project. I bought some for a smaller project last year that have a multi function control box which despite being...
7
7

VFM CH antifreeze / inhibitor?
Hi All, Mums old ex gravity (now fully pumped) indirect CH system has been drained and re-filled (hopefully) for the last time for a while and I am concerned about making sure it doesn't freeze up if...
22
22

making small copper pipe more bendable
Heat to cherry red, then plunge into cold water. To be sure, fill the annealed tube with Wood's Metal, bend to shape, then melt the Wood's Metal out by placing the tube in boiling water. Colin Bignell
26
26

Image backup - a few questions - X-post
X-Post to uk.d-i-y because of the general knowledge there :-) I feel the need to take an image backup of my Vista partition prior to tinkering. It is a long time since I did this. Computer is a Dell...
21
21

Problems with Smile
When I first opened my bank accounts with Smile some years ago, it was to find the best service from a bank I'd ever experienced (in a long life!). But recently the standard of service has dropped...
4
4

OT No references...
Maybe a bit off topic for this group, but you guys seem to give good advice on a whole range of stuff... In 2009 I was made redundant, the company closed down completely, I had only been there a few...
22
22

DIY Apps - Are they any good?
Just been on the Apple App store and theres a few DIY apps with material calculation etc and decent tutorials but 'm not sure what to get. Has anyone else ever downloaded any of these apps, and if so...
9
9