Subject Author Posted Replies

Got some Xmas money to spend? Sale now on
Yes with oxygen free braided cables as well. Brian
12
12

Just curious
With all the flooding down south of late what would be the situation if you came down in the morning and you have say a foot of water covering the ground floor. Would the electricity have blown as...
22
22

Trying to use a Hyundai MS-01 Hand held A4 Scanner
> Try Youtube videos for other brands/models. By the look of it there is one manufacturer making the device(s) and it is being sold with different badges. For instance: ?v=zdlIF9ZYE2Q> On starting a...
9
9

WonDerful stuff!
Don't be silly! There are no tools kept in the van overnight. :o)
13
13

"floor primer" (?)
Yes - absolutely. a very useful reference. Sorry, it refreshed my memory - for sealing purposes you can go down to 1:5 SBR:Water 1:3 is less economical but will form a stronger layer once it has...
17
17

Porous masonry / damp diagnosis
eets ceiling in ground floor room, and gets worse after rain. em spot. The house is victorian and the window looks ok, but the ledge is m= asonry, one lump of I think sandstone. This masonry is a bit...
15
15

OT: House insurance rip-off: their latest scam?
I don't know about house insurance, but I do have a kit-car and my last insurance premium was £105. Of that £35 went to the insurers and the rest was the brokers fees! SteveW
47
47

Noisy hot water pipe
Best I could do description wise would be a kind of vibration, very rapid juddering. Starts off quiet but gets to its loudest volume within 2-3 seconds while the hot tap is running. After the running...
14
14

Can I re-use braided flexible hoses on bath hot and cold taps?
In B&Q they were £8.99 today. MM
18
18

1000w replacement halogen floodlight bulb problem
and it you use the (generous) 10/1 conversion factor between LED and halogen you get the equivalent of a 100w halogen - the OP has a 1000w halogen.
37
37

Bugger, trying to find an impedance matching txfrmr
d another LV one to match. not going to get nearly as good a result as the original setup. ing what problem you're running into that you can't solve. Foam rubber strip is only a few quid a roll last...
8
8

advice on draughtproofing skirtings?
I want to draughtproof the skirtings, mainly any gaps between the floor and skirtings, I was going to use clear caulk for this job BUT as the floors is a cheap wooden tile overlay stuff I will be...
9
9

PC Speakers - no power supply but I have a drawer full of power supplies!
This is the problem: I have dug out a set of Ozaki 4.1 speakers (carefully all kept together in a plastic bag).. but not with their power adapter. I have a collection of power adapters, and they are...
3
3

OT Old Job Descriptions
A bit early, but I'd guess that things didn't change that fast between 1902 and 1921 (and I do not know when he started his 'shop'). Thank you.
33
33

Black sheath 2.5mm 4 core flex
Looking for only a metre or so of this for speaker tails. I can get white or grey sheath stuff easily - or 1.5mm black. But not the combination I want.
3
3